• FREEDOM!!!

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perun

Dominus et deus
Staff member
Happy Golden Age, Britain!

There will now be jobs for everyone, slums will disappear, money will fall from the sky, politicians will start caring for the people, health plans will become affordable, traffic jams will vanish, trains will run on time, passports will be blue.

Enjoy it. Enjoy every little bit of it.

Onhell

Infinite Dreamer
Just how realistic is that?

A few of my US friends are all like, "Scotland should tots secede!" And I'm like, um.... did you guys see the mess Brexit was? What currency will they use, what trade partners will they have, what international bodies will they be a part of? etc.

Jer

Fuddy Buddy
...and maybe Northern Ireland will get so annoyed with the customs situation that they’ll decide to reunify with the Catholics. And then you’d only have England and Wales left, and you couldn’t even call that Great Britain anymore. (Though I must say the name “Wangland” has some perverse appeal...)

The Flash

Dennis Wilcock did 9/11
Just how realistic is that?

A few of my US friends are all like, "Scotland should tots secede!" And I'm like, um.... did you guys see the mess Brexit was? What currency will they use, what trade partners will they have, what international bodies will they be a part of? etc.
Any proposal for Scottish independence is a package deal with membership to the EU. Remaining in the EU was the main reason the previous Scottish independence referendum returned a "No" result.

LooseCannon

Yorktown-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Any proposal for Scottish independence is a package deal with membership to the EU. Remaining in the EU was the main reason the previous Scottish independence referendum returned a "No" result.
You definitely get the sense the EU would love to have Scotland. It's doubtful they'll get a referendum anytime soon, though.