UK Politics

Do these people know to ask for permission when they want to use a song, a picture or a text? I think politics and journalists think they are more superior than the rest.

I thought that D-Ream had given permission for New Labour to use their song, but several years later Prof. Cox said he regretted allowing them to use it. He was arguably indirectly responsible for the Iraq War.

I think Brian Cox had some sort of gripe about writing credits and that was what was really behind his annoyance of Tony Blair using it. I didn't know he was involved in the Iraq war though.

My postal voting documents arrived in the post yesterday. I have four options in my area: Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat and Green. Who should Black Wizard vote for? YOU DECIDE.

I don't see that as very likely to happen in reality and it comes across as a bit desperate. Just taking some action on companies that are flouting employment law still aren't paying tax would be welcome. But yes, opposing the Conservatives is a major, major factor in voting for many.

Hes a bit of a gimp but, ye now, 4 day working week. No-brainer, for me.

The 4-day working week thing is textbook Jeremy Corbyn. A populist promise that is undeliverable due to its unsustainable negative economic ramifications. This is actually one of the two main reasons I wouldn't vote for Corbyn, the other being his open support for authoritarian regimes with a history of human rights violations, and that his compass on foreign affairs seems to be being strictly anti-NATO, without much nuance to it.

the other being his open support for authoritarian regimes with a history of human rights violations

You have just defined the Tories with that sentence.

Thatcher-and-Pinochet-2.jpg

:puke:

My postal voting documents arrived in the post yesterday. I have four options in my area: Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat and Green. Who should Black Wizard vote for? YOU DECIDE.

I'd say vote for your principles. That is what I always do.

Out of curiosity, who is more likely to beat the Tories in your constituency?

You have just defined the Tories with that sentence.

Thatcher-and-Pinochet-2.jpg

:puke:

Whataboutism.

Thatcher's support for Pinochet doesn't negate Corbyn's support for Castro and Maduro. It's the different sides of the same coin, support for dictators with reprehensible human rights records on the virtue of common economic views. It's a clear display of hypocrisy as both Thatcher and Corbyn would slam the dictator on the opposite side and pretend it's a principled defense of freedom.

Last edited:
I'd say vote for your principles. That is what I always do.

Out of curiosity, who is more likely to beat the Tories in your constituency?
Labour, sadly. :( The current MP is a Conservative who campaigned to stay in the EU but now supports leaving for cynical career reasons.

Whataboutism.

Thatcher's support for Pinochet doesn't negate Corbyn's support for Castro and Maduro. It's the different sides of the same coin, support for dictators with reprehensible human rights records on the virtue of common economic views. It's a clear display of hypocrisy as both Thatcher and Corbyn would slam the dictator on the opposite side and pretend it's a principled defense of freedom.

I am not condoning some of Corbyn's dubious choices but there is a big difference you forgot to mention: Thatcher was a Prime Minister. Corbyn isn't.

Back