BREXIT: You Decide!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CriedWhenBrucieLeft, Jun 22, 2016.

?

How should Cried vote on Thursday?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Leave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Remain

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  3. Spoil Ballot

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Don't bother voting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. FREEDOM!!!

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

Fair enough, but the proportion of people with a stiff upper lip culture in this sceptered isle is significantly larger than elsewhere. ;)

2. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

The Tanaiste was talking about 21 months

3. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

The what? :confused::eek:

4. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

5. Jer

Jer I’m not a fish, I’m a man

Is nothing sacred...? :ninja:

frus likes this.
  6. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

Well, nothing except the one square mile.

Brexit bores the tits off me. Its a bit like speculation on the new Maiden album; we know something will happen but we really don't know when or what form it will take. There is much inane prattle around the issue and many experts who claim to know what will happen. And every now and again we get thrown a bone that is worthy of conversation but 5mins later we realise that it isn't that excitin but we are hooked anyway.
    I look at it like this; Brexit will happen before the next Maiden album but the next Maiden album will be better value than Brexit.

Onhell, Collin and JudasMyGuide like this.
  7. That might not actually turn out to be true, you know.

8. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

This might be! Not so difficult. A lot of things will be better value than Brexit.

9. Black Wizard

Maybe Bruce Dickinson will release his solo album on Brexit Day in celebration.

Jer likes this.
  10. Philip Hammond (Chancellor) on BBC today:
    Still be interesting to see what May/Hammond etc will do if, upon asking for an extension, the EU says "no".

11. Black Wizard

“She reminds me occasionally of that character from Monty Python where all the arms and legs are cut off but he then tells the opponent: ‘Let’s call it a draw.’ She’s incredible. She goes on and on. At the same time, I do not blame her, but British politics.”

- Dutch Prime Minister, Benedict Cumberbatch, on Theresa May​

:D

[​IMG]

12. Bercow speaks!
    Cried called it. It ain't that amusing though...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Forostar likes this.
  13. The negotiations with the EU so far, from a British perspective...

[​IMG]

14. GhostofCain

I think Bercow has a point. Why have a third vote on a deal that has already been rejected by Parliament twice? May's strategy has backfired.

Black Wizard likes this.
  15. Black Wizard

Theresa is writing to the EU to request an extension until the end of June with an option for a longer extension. Michel Barnier and others, including the Irish Foreign Minister, have said that there needs to be a concrete reason for delaying the exit process. However, one of the BBC's journalists at Brussels says that when the leaders of the other EU countries get together to discuss this they will have to bear in mind that they may be seen to facilitate a No Deal Brexit by voters and businesses then it might not go well for them. An extension until the end of June gives me more time to stockpile and allow Parliament to pass the additional legislation before editing, but I doubt it will help the government get a deal through. A long extension probably leads to a General Election which might not solve anything.

16. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

Attached Files:

17. GhostofCain

Well, it seems that there would be no deal after all:

Brexit: EU says short delay is possible if MPs back deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47636011

How do Tusk et al think the British public will see this attempt at forcing MPs to vote in favour of a deal that they have already voted down twice?

Oh the amount of money that could have been saved by planning for this outcome for the last 2 years instead of going round in circles playing petty politics games at both sides of the Channel!

Black Wizard and bearfan like this.
  18. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

The MPs are the ones playing games. The deal isn't being voted down because of the contents of the deal except for by maybe the ERG and the DUP. Labour, SNP, Welsh nationalists, Lib Dems and others are voting against it for party political reasons, or for pie in the sky hope that it will lead to a second referendum.

Hard to see how the EU played any games at all.