UK Politics

A female politician I saw on the front right. Attrocious colour combination almost destroying my PC monitor and eyeglasses. During but especially after the result was given.
49eb23c7-2276-4a35-be06-1c8acab1b379.jpg

This lady?

Well, that's today's leadership contest sorted out. Same time again tomorrow night, chaps?

I stand corrected, she's standing outside her house right now speaking to the nation. I have the sound down so I can't update the forum on what she's actually saying. Sorry.
Nothing much. She is happy to have the confidence of the majority of the Conservative MPs and is aware of the concerns of those who voted against her. She will continue working towards making Brexit happen for the British people, taking back control etc etc

Jeremy Corbyn has tabled a motion of no confidence in Theresa May (but not in the government). He's starting to put his cards on the table, but I'm not sure what happens if she loses this vote other than embarrassment.

Not clear. What is clear, though, is that May is simply "running the clock" down. By w/c January 14th parliament will have very few options left.

Indeed, but it's deeply annoying that the current Government has led the negotiations to where they currently are though. I mean, the options are unclear; and it is difficult to see a way forward. But the Conservative Government had a long, long time to get this right (including the six months or whatever it was before they even invoked article 50) & have failed to deliver. This is the most disappointing aspect of the whole fiasco.

Yeah, but it also doesn't surprise me, really. Nobody ever had any plan except for aspirations to get out, get out ASAP, and reject anything associated with EU membership. It's like almost all parties are running scared of the populist momentum now, and nobody is interested in making practical or sensible decisions.

Indeed, but it's deeply annoying that the current Government has led the negotiations to where they currently are though. I mean, the options are unclear; and it is difficult to see a way forward. But the Conservative Government had a long, long time to get this right (including the six months or whatever it was before they even invoked article 50) & have failed to deliver. This is the most disappointing aspect of the whole fiasco.
They also wasted the country's time with a General Election which didn't help anybody in the end. Well, it bought Jeremy Corbyn some time and made Ruth Davidson look like a genius, but the election was ultimately pointless.

And now we're 4 months away from what increasingly looks like a hard Brexit. Independent Scotland and Troubles Part II: Electric Boogaloo are coming quick.

Back