Brave New World - Album

Randalf

Ancient Mariner
I don't have a problem with the sound of the album (I like it), but I don't think the production of an album makes the songs better or not.

I don't think so either, but recording, mixing and other production values can definitely underline various aspects of a song, e.g punchiness of the riffs or levels, dynamics & power of the rhythmic department. That, along with Bruce's capabilities as a vocalist make the "VXI leftovers" on BNW sound a lot more punchy, even if they step into a couple of familiar pitfalls - most notably repetition.

Gk1

Here I sit in a serenade of glory!
Could you please say which are the ''problems'' of this album? I don't expect that we all will like the same albums, but I think BNW is an album with only one remark - the instrumental section of ''The Nomad''. The first four songs are undeniable classics, two great epics, the album closer is a unique song, ''The Fallen Angel'' is one of the band's best short rockers and ''Out Of The Silent Planet'' is one of their best singles. Great production too.
1) Endless and non-varying chorus repetitions ( Brave new world, Wickerman, Out of the silent planet, Mercenary, Dream of mirrors)
2) Non existing drum fills or any drum variation in OOTSP, The nomad, half of TLBLAH, Dream of mirrors
3) Nomad being a rip off
4) Drums way too loud in the mix
5) Steve completely avoiding the interesting bass lines

Black Bart

Ancient Mariner
1) Endless and non-varying chorus repetitions ( Brave new world, Wickerman, Out of the silent planet, Mercenary, Dream of mirrors)
2) Non existing drum fills or any drum variation in OOTSP, The nomad, half of TLBLAH, Dream of mirrors
3) Nomad being a rip off
4) Drums way too loud in the mix
5) Steve completely avoiding the interesting bass lines
Harsh, but honest.

Reactions: Gk1