Blind Guardian Drummer leaves...

Blind Guardian drummer, Thomen has left the band. Here are statements from both Hansi and Thomen.

Hi there,

No news is good news. This obviously is bad news. After walking along the same musical paths for about 20 years and after several long, open and honest discussions between the four band members, we have all (including Thomen) come to the same conclusion that it is now best for Thomen to leave the band.

Since we developed different musical and personal directions for quite a while now, it turned out to be more and more difficult to find acceptable and suitable solutions for everyone in the band. Such circumstances would have eventually caused severe internal problems. Therefore, to avoid any damage to our close relationship this difficult step is essential. In terms of creativity or progression neither one of us would like to hold the other one back. Due to that fact the split seems to be a sad, but reasonable solution. We wish Thomen all the best for the future and hope to come up with more positive news in the near future.

…and day shall come again

Hansi

Dear Bards,

As you may have read in Hansi's statement, I am no longer the drummer of Blind Guardian. From now on we are going our separate ways, at least musically. I must admit it is quite a sad, but necessary decision in order for us to remain friends.

I stand fully behind Hansi's declaration, so I will keep my statement as short as possible, and wish Blind Guardian all the best for the future, hoping that they find another drummer without any hassle.

I would also like to use this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you who stood by us through all those years, especially our fans. You are the best!!! I hope to see you again soon!

A big thank you to my old colleagues, Hansi, Andre and Marcus, for all the amazing times we've shared.

Take care,
Thomen

[a href=\'http://www.revelationz.net/index.asp?ID=297\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.revelationz.net/index.asp?ID=297[/a]

Well....this sucks [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

no it doesn't suck. DIDN'T YOU READ THE STATEMENTS MAN! It had to happen, better that than them fighting and the whole band spliting.

Just the whole idea of Blind Guardian fighting sucks. After 2 awsome albums, the last thing I'd want to here is that one band member leaves. Hopefully this doesn't have a huge effect on their next album(which it propbably won't).

well no, because the other three original guys are there, not like helloween which is a shadow of their former self (see the keeper III thread for more [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--])

Well, I'd rather see the band stay together without the drummer, than fight till they can't stand each other anymore.

Sorta like I'm glad a certain vocalist left a certain band before that could happen....

Back