Blaze touring issues?

chaosapiant

Ancient Marinade
Ive read that one of the big reasons Maiden dumped Blaze was because of having to cancel lots of gigs because he was under the weather or couldn’t perform, or not performing well some nights. Is there anywhere to get more details on this? Is there a way to find out what tour dates were scheduled and cancelled? Google didn’t help much.

Cheers. The wikipedia pages from previous (and even later I think) tours (some at least) do mention which dates were cancelled and rescheduled. Weird it's not mentioned for the tours with the most cancelled dates.

I remain proud of Maiden for delaying some of their stuff to accommodate the new guy. They could have easily just dropped him after the crash, but they didn't, and I consider it one of the finest examples of how great the members (Steve) are.

I remain proud of Maiden for delaying some of their stuff to accommodate the new guy. They could have easily just dropped him after the crash, but they didn't, and I consider it one of the finest examples of how great the members (Steve) are.
Not to mention, they didn't write anything for the album until he was fully integrated into the band, so he could have a say and be a part of things. Most bands absolutely do not do that.

The Blaze years are such mystery for me. I was in high school when they happened and the internet was a lot less reliable. It was hard to get info and insight into the band. I bought (and still have) the first edition of the Run To The Hills biography, which came out right before Virtual XI did. It's neat to see how positive the band and author are about the new direction that they immediately did a 180 on.

I bought (and still have) the first edition of the Run To The Hills biography, which came out right before Virtual XI did. It's neat to see how positive the band and author are about the new direction that they immediately did a 180 on.

You do realise that Mick Wall was brown-nosing Steve and the whole thing was part of the official promotion (Rod Smallwood's propaganda machine, such before has never been seen :lol: ) for Virtual XI, don't you? :D

The following versions of the official biography, with chapters added written by different people make for some funny reading. :)

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks Blaze alleged vocal issues probably are merely a lame excuse for poor ticket sales? :innocent:

That's cruel (if it's true), pinning the blame on Blaze. I like to think they'd have come up with an excuse that didn't make him look incompetent.

Not to mention, they didn't write anything for the album until he was fully integrated into the band, so he could have a say and be a part of things. Most bands absolutely do not do that.

The Blaze years are such mystery for me. I was in high school when they happened and the internet was a lot less reliable. It was hard to get info and insight into the band. I bought (and still have) the first edition of the Run To The Hills biography, which came out right before Virtual XI did. It's neat to see how positive the band and author are about the new direction that they immediately did a 180 on.
You need to buy Blaze's biography. Very insightful.

Back