Black Thunder, pick the next Survivor band!

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
Tonight, the Rob Halford Survivor enters its Finals. Halford was selected by Forostar, and he was chosen because he was one of the most active players in 2009.

When the Halford Survivor ends in about 3 weeks, it will be followed by Black Thunder's selection. Since the Halford game started, BT has posted 541 ( :blink: ) votes.

So, Black Thunder: pick the next band!

And here's the next ten top posters:
(A post was only counted if it was clearly a list of your votes. I'm not counting discussion.)

Jeffmetal - 252
LooseCannon - 94
Jonszat - 81
Unknown One - 76
mckindog - 75
Invader - 64
Prowler_108 - 61
Eddies Wingman - 58
Travis - 56
Moonchild33 - 48

Because Forostar and Genghis Khan have their selected games currently running, they weren't eligible to win this contest - so I never bothered to count their votes. But if I had, both of them would have been in the top ten voters.

Is Jeffmetal picking his choice too?

I'll stick with my earlier suggestion: Queensryche.

Queensryche (EP) + The Warning
Rage For Order
Operation: Mindcrime
Empire
Promised Land
Hear In The Now Frontier
Q2K
Tribe
Operation: Mindcrime II
American Soldier

Notes: 1. NOT Take Cover!
          2. Queensryche (EP) is a 5 track version which includes Prophecy.

Black_Thunder said:
Is Jeffmetal picking his choice too?

No. Or at least, not yet. My bad, I forgot to mention this...

Starting last night, a new contest began. All counts are reset to zero. Forostar is now counted, but Black Thunder is not. Genghis Khan is also still not counted. This contest will end when the next member-chosen game enters its own top ten (presumably Aerosmith), and then the next winner will be announced.

Also, I'm adding one more song to the QR list. Last Time In Paris.
SinisterMinisterX said:
(A post was only counted if it was clearly a list of your votes. I'm not counting discussion.)

To be clear, what I mean is: if I can't immediate tell that your post contains a list of your votes, I don't count it.

Here is something which I did not count: Quoting someone else's vote, and nothing else. No discussion, no indication what you mean at all.

If you quote your own votes from an earlier round, I count that as a vote.
If you quote someone else and then say "me too", I count that as a vote.
But if you quote someone else and don't post why, no vote.

Also, if your vote is buried as prose within a long paragraph, I probably won't count it. When I'm counting votes, I just skim the thread quickly. If I don't see something that looks like a list of songs, I don't count it.

(People who write their vote as one clever sentence are OK, so long as that sentence isn't buried in other text.)

Both of these things are rare, so most of you are fine. Just be careful. :bigsmile:

SMX, feel free to dismiss my choice for the time being, but my pick now or for the next time of choice is RUSH!!!

Cheers. :edmetal:

Sorry Jeff, you probably won't get that chance. B)

Rush is already scheduled to follow Pink Floyd, which is projected to end around February 20.
Aerosmith is projected to start its Finals around March 1.

So unless Aerosmith speeds up significantly, Rush will already be started before this contest is over. :yey:

So you'll get to pick a different band.

Pro tip: two other bands likely to start before March 1 are Led Zeppelin and Metallica.

I'm for RUSH next as well. Hey, at least it will eventually happen. Or if we don't want to wait for SMX to do it, we can always start our own polls, but he has it already set up to do all the math crap so it's probably easier to just wait. Then again, I end up getting lazy on voting for these. :p

Rush could start even quicker than February...

UFO has just entered its Semifinals. When done (around Xmas), the replacement will be chosen by forum poll (just like Slayer was). Rush could win that poll.

This could have an interesting side effect. The games are given their year based on start date. So Rush starting in December is Rush 2010. And that means we can do another Rush in 2011 if we want (the rule is a band can only go once a year).

Hmmmm, I wonder if we should wait until the new Rush album is out. Sure it won't be for about a year, but there are plenty of other bands to do.

You don't have that option. If Rush doesn't win the poll, then it follows Pink Floyd in late February.

Rush is coming soon, like it or not. :ninja:

Back