Enslaved

I really wasn't a fan. The drummer's vocals make it sound like a Shinedown or Breaking Benjamin song :puke:

I stand by my very valid criticism. I love the Enslaved meets prog rock stuff of the early 2000's, but this... Not so much. Dude sounds WAY too lame.

Looks like, deep inside, and against all odds, a part of me hoped Enslaved's Utgard might be a darker and more sinister counterpart to Frost.
It's not, of course*. Interesting album nevertheless, fully deserving its good reviews.
*Utgard the track comes so close though, I suspect they were thinking of Frost too.

Looks like, deep inside, and against all odds, a part of me hoped Enslaved's Utgard might be a darker and more sinister counterpart to Frost.
It's not, of course*. Interesting album nevertheless, fully deserving its good reviews.
*Utgard the track comes so close though, I suspect they were thinking of Frost too.
Just listened to it. Another amazing album on their catalogue (and IMO way bette5r than E).

I’ve seen a lot of folks not really get into “E” and I don’t get it. I think “E” is the best album they’ve ever done outside of Axioma. Their cover of “What Else Is There” is phenomenal.

E was a very good album for sure but this one feels kinda fresher.
And I miss the raw aggression of their early stuff.
Seen them live twice, once in Paris in 2007 and once in Sofia a few years ago; on both occasions, when they played Allfǫðr Oðinn, crowd went literally berserk.

What I've heard of it so far reminds me a lot of Below the Lights, which was one of their best. They go from strength to strength.

I split some of the posts about Enslaved from the Black Metal thread into this new separate thread.

Anyway, new album is slowly clicking with me. It's missing some epic long songs, but it's very solid. E still better though.

Btw. I have collected all 4 live streams that they made this year, if anyone's interested.

Enslaved are getting a documentary made about them. It is made by some local Norwegian TV station and they will be releasing it on YouTube in 12 installments (with English subs).

2 episodes are already out (I'll wait until they all are and will then binge them :p):

Enslaved has always been hit or miss for me and I've never been a huge fan, but I absolutely loved how wild the new album is and might prompt me to get more into them

Back