Best song with "of the" in the title

Best of the Songs

• Total voters

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
An update of the old poll!

There's a lot of the classics in the list of the songs. So, everyone gets three of the choices.

I'm of the opinion that Empire of the Clouds and Rime of the Ancient Mariner are two of the best. For my third of the picks, I'm going with The Number of the Beast. It's one of the best "short epics" ever created. In only five of the minutes, you get the best of the spoken intros, the scream of the century, five verses of the satanic goodness, and two of the guitar solos - plus even one of the bass! Is there another song of the Maiden repertoire with this much of the goodness in so little of the time?

Out of the Silent Planet, Lord of the Flies, Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Didn't even have to think about it, but Adrian of the Smith was tempting.

Empire of the Clouds, Fear of The Dark are the first two of mine.

Third was a choice between Number of the Beast and Shadows Of The Valley. Chose NOTB in the end due to seniority but I am really enjoying SOTV right now.

Surprised (but not displeased) to see Rime isn't in the lead.

I found this really tough to choose, but went with Empire of the Silent Mariner.

Phantom is a great song, but I really don't rate it as highly as people here generally do. FOTD used to be my absolute favourite track, but has suffered from overlistening in recent years.

Am I the only one who thinks Empire really isn't in the Maiden elite of songs?

Went Rime, OOTSP and FOTD.

Gah. Empire of the Silent Planet? I voted for Empire. But Silent Planet is nibbling at its heels.

Back