Best Song Contest- Round 3, Part 3- The Grand Final!

Here we go! Time to select the song of each decade and we are starting with the 80s again. SSOASS may have won the album vs album contest against Powerslave, now let's see if it will win songwise...

Still in round 2: Phantom of the Opera, Killers, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Revelations, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Caught Somewhere in Time, Infinite Dreams, No Prayer for the Dying, Fear of the Dark, Sign of the Cross, The Clansman, Ghost of the Navigator, Dance of Death, Paschendale, For the Greater Good of God, The Talisman, The Book of Souls, Hell on Earth

Two songs without a definite chorus. Infinite Dreams is a fantastic little epic, but Rime Of The Ancient Mariner is timeless.

Reactions: Eli
ID for me, amazing song that parcels up a lot of standard Maiden goodies, but also brings something different to the table. I'd take it over Rime any day. I'd also far, far rather have the chance to hear it live than hear Alexander live.

Both 10/10 songs for me. For me Infinite Dreams has all the best elements of Maiden: the gallop, Bruce Scream, great harmonies and leads, great lyrics, etc. One of my all time favorite Maiden songs. Rime is an all time Classic though. I'm really torn here. I'm posting this and I haven't voted yet :lol:
Edit: voted for Infinite Dreams because Rime will win, heh.

I don't like "Infinite Dreams" very much. It's not a bad song of course and has some interesting parts, but "Suffocation, waking in a sweat Scared to fall asleep again" and this relaxed music???
Also, some transitions/key changes sound strange to me, clunky.

We are getting less participation since the moderators moved to thread to the "games section". I think it was attracting more attention in the Maiden Chat section.

With the least number of participants so far, ROTAM won against Infinite Dreams in the first part of Round 2. We will continue with the 80s again, with a 3-way shoot-out today. I will allow 3 days this time to see if we can get more people involved.

Still in round 2: Phantom of the Opera, Killers, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Revelations, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Caught Somewhere in Time, No Prayer for the Dying, Fear of the Dark, Sign of the Cross, The Clansman, Ghost of the Navigator, Dance of Death, Paschendale, For the Greater Good of God, The Talisman, The Book of Souls, Hell on Earth

Phantom gets my vote here. I think it has greater melodies than Hallowed and I like it more. As for Killers, I wonder if it's going to get any votes when there are 2 very strong rivals.

Back