Best Smith/ Dickinson Track

Which Smith/ Dickinson track is your favourite?

• Flight of Icarus

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Sun and Steel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Minutes to Midnight

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Back in the Village

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Moonchild

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Hooks in You

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Another poll created by me, thousand_suns. This time it involves tracks, not albums. Which track created by both Smith & Dickinson is your favourite? Cast your votes in. My favourite will of course be Midnight.

Tough call! It's Between Flight Of Icarus, 2 Minutes, BItV, and Moonchild.

I just love FOI. 2 Minutes is a staple on almost every tour. BItV is underrated, it's a great song! Moonchild is an awesome opener to 7th Son. But I need to choose...

Since Pasch is Smith/Harris... :D

I'm voting Flight Of Icarus. Great tune to sing along with, and that final scream is way up there!  :yey:

I was originally going to vote for 2 Minutes, but then I realized the superior song is Moonchild.

LooseCannon said:
I was originally going to vote for 2 Minutes, but then I realized the superior song is Moonchild.

The historian has a point.  Moonchild kicks ass forwards, backwards and sideways, whereas 2 Minutes is more temporal in its awesomeness...I need to be in the mood for it for it to kick ass.  Moonchild just does.

That intro!

Those synths!

That first line!

That chorus!

Those solos!

Moonchild! The lyrics are full of references. It's one of Maiden's fastest songs (played at record speed at Donington 1988!) with some different kind of solos. Flight of Icarus and 2 Minutes To Midnight are the runners-up.

BTW, for a long time "Moonchild" was their best collaboration. Finally, 10 years later, they did it again in the form of "Return Of The King", which has a kind of "2 Minutes"-riff but then a nicer one. I also like the chorus very much, well basically everything.

Icarus !! one of my all-time favourites

I like the changing of the myth story-line, the mid tempo ruthm, the cresendo in the end
it's a fuckin awesome song !!

I like digging the best of forums some boring nights like this ....best of forum rules  :ok:

For me, it is down to three songs: 2 Minutes, Back in the Village and Moonchild.

2 Minutes to Midnight is, of course, a real classic - it has great lyrics, a very good guitar solo and a catchy chorus. However, there is something about the guitars in Back in the Village. The opening is some of the coolest guitar ever done by Maiden. The lyrics are really insane, I like that, too - a nice break from the more serious matter in other songs on Powerslave. Pharaohs, war and loving God's creatures? Fine. But there's a fox among the chickens and don't forget to switch the dial and eat the worm.

The best thing about Moonchild is Bruce's singing, it makes you imagine that evil is going to happen - his voice really creates a special mood. The synth intro is cool and the guitar solos are killer, so this is really a great song.

But just to make sure somebody does it, I will vote for "Back in the Village"  :)

Moonchild!

BTW, love how thousand_suns made it clear who created this poll. :D

I vote Moonchild, because its easily the most atmospheric song out of all of those on the list (and I never was a big fan of 2 Minutes to Midnight).

So thousand_suns created this poll so I will reply to thousand_suns and make my vote and hopefully thousand_suns will be happy?? Does anyone know who started this poll?

So I, Back In The Village, will decide on..

Moonchild. What a way to start an album. Fast, atmospheric, very heavy, great solo's and great vox from Brucey.

Thank you thousand_suns for such an enjoyable poll, please feel free to create another.

i am not in the least bit sarcastic BTW.

Tears were shed, but after a second of thinking we all realized a forum without random spamming and without 50 year old news posted in current topics is what we really need.  Thousand Suns unfortunately for him could never see it this way. 

Back on topic.  I vote for 2 Minutes to Midnight.  I enjoy the riffs. 

Hehehehehehehe..hahahahahahaha......god, that was fun.

(Some background, BITV, the Moderators changed t_s's password after he was server banned and had some fun with his account.)

Back