Best one-two punch ever?

Stardust

Rainmaker
In short, which two tracks make for the best one-two punch in music history? Let's hear your opinion!

Here's an example:

Aces High-2 Minutes To Midnight (Iron Maiden, Powerslave)

That's a great one-two punch, right? Oh, yes it is!

One of my favorite one-two punches ever is Eleventh Earl Of Mar-One For The Vine on Genesis' album Wind And Wuthering.

Now what's your favorite one-two punch (punches?) in music history?

There was a 'best three in succession' thread at some point, I'll have to think about best one-two. By 'punch' do you mean a really kick ass pair of songs? (As opposed to say Moonchild and Infinite Dreams, which flow well together, but don't necessarily jump up and slap you around the face).

I'm only looking at opening tracks here, which I realized was not a rule proposed by the OP, but I'm not willing to spend time combing through entire albums.

For Maiden: Aces Highs/2 Minutes to Midnight wins, but Wicker Man/Ghost of the Navigator is also awesome.

Sabaton - Attero Dominatus/Nuclear Attack, Ghost Division/The Art of War, Lion from the North/Gott Mit Uns, Night Witches/No Bullets Fly, any other two Sabaton songs back to back except Ballad of Bull

Megadeth - Holy Wars/Hangar 18 (Rust in Peace) might just be the best opening double header in metal history. In general, Megadeth is pretty good at opening albums.

Symphony X - Of Sins and Shadows/Sea of Lies (The Divine Wings of Tragedy) and Inferno/Wicked (The Odyssey)

Mediocre/bad albums, but Anthrax's Stomp 442 and Volume 8 open fantastically with Random Acts of Senseless Violence/Fueled and Crush/Catharsis.

Kamelot - Center of the Universe/Farewell (Epica) and March of Mephisto/When the Lights are Down (The Black Halo)

Nightwish - Dark Chest of Wonders/Wish I Had an Angel (Once)

Also Stand Up and Shout/Holy Diver by Dio and the beginning of most Opeth albums.

And this:
Battery and Master of Puppets. Duh :p

We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions. While I prefer Aces and Minutes, this combination has reached legendary status that no other one-two punch has achieved, and I honestly believe rightfully so.

For Whom The Bell Tolls and Fade To Black is a good shout too.

Back