Best of the B'Sides: Are there different cover designs?

srfc

Ancient Mariner
I noticed Wikipedia has this picture for the Best of the B'sides cover:
Iron_Maiden_-_Best_Of_The_%27B%27_Sides_cover.jpg

While my cd has this cover:
R-1725232-1399823255-9006.jpeg.jpg

Notice that Maiden logo is different on both, the image is cropped closer on my version, the layout of the text is slightly different and also the spelling of B'Sides has two apostrophes on the wiki picture.

Does anyone know if the wiki picture is from a genuine release of Best of the B'Sides? i.e is there two different covers? I know that there is two different releases of Eddie's Archive.

Notice that Maiden logo is different on both, the image is cropped closer on my version, the layout of the text is slightly different and also the spelling of B'Sides has two apostrophes on the wiki picture.

Does anyone know if the wiki picture is from a genuine release of Best of the B'Sides? i.e is there two different covers? I know that there is two different releases of Eddie's Archive.
Message on Eddie's buttocks is slightly different as well. One seems to be less pro- West Ham.

My CD has the same cover as yours.

On a related note, that cover artwork is a disgrace. What was Steve thinking when he agreed to use it? It nearly makes the Dance of Death cover look like a work of art!

I have the 1st edition of Eddie's Archive and yea, the CD cover ya'll have is what I have too. Do ya'll have first or second edition boxsets? If either of ya'll have the second edition (red felt lining instead of blue) and it's the same, then I'd chalk it up to either some goof, or maybe there's a version of this published somewhere unofficially outside the boxset?

Yeah mine is first edition with the blue felt.

I agree with Ghost, it's truly embarrassing. Even if it was painted well it would still be terrible. At least you can hide it under the other cds in the box.

I agree with Ghost, it's truly embarrassing. Even if it was painted well it would still be terrible. At least you can hide it under the other cds in the box.

I do exactly the same with mine! :lol:

Also, why is Eddie a bus driver?

Perhaps they were hinting at Blaze's possible career path after being sacked? We shouldn't forget they had DiAnno beheaded back in 1981 and Bruce roasted like a marshmallow in 1993...

MaidenJapan-alt.jpg

Hallowed_Be_Thy_Name.jpg

Joking aside, the Best of the B sides cover is frankly pathetic.

Last edited:
Eh. It was kind of funny when it came out. Problem is that only few jokes get funnier with time.

I can see this thread is a little old, but I'd like to mention that I actually have the same cover as you for "Best of the B'Sides." And based on that, it's highly likely that it is a genuine release. On a side note, I must say that I personally enjoy some of Iron Maiden's other album covers even more. In fact, I recently printed one of my favorites and created a unique frame for it using the online service frameshop.com.au. Now, it's proudly displayed on one of my walls, adding a touch of Iron Maiden to my space.!

Last edited:
The difference between the two covers is because one is Best Of The B'Sides and the other one is Best Of The Best Of The B'Sides... :p

Back