Best of Iron Maiden ´80-´89 to be free to download!

Lovro

Invader
An upcoming Maiden best of collection of 15 songs will be download-able from their site. Of course, all of us here have heard this songs, but I think it`s a smart move, since anyone can download the songs via Limewire, Torrent, etc. The songlist and additional info on the album and the Chemical Wedding movie can be found on the official Iron Maiden site:

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?cat ... icleid=831

Wait, free?
OMG, Im going to try and get as many as I possibly can into Maiden now, it will be a lot easier to convince people if I can say that its free to download from the band's own official site!

I might download those live tracks myself, Im wondering where/when theyve been recorded? Im guessing theyve been ripped from Live After Death, but still.

But you only get to play the download three times.  So they're really just lending us the tracks.  After that if you want to keep the tracks you have to pay.

If you want really 'Free' Maiden.....just direct your friends to Youtube.  Seems like almost every Maiden song is on there somewhere......maybe I'm exaggerating.

Im sure there will be a hack out there eventually. Where theres a will theres a way.

Besides, even if it is only 3 listens max, it will still be a handy "recruitment" tool, lol.

Probably most people don't know that, so it sounds more complete that way. :)

I thought it was really cool that you can download that album, but then I saw that it's only 3 listens, and I own those tracks anyway, both as a CD and MP3s.  I could just make a playlist of those exact tracks (including the live ones) and play that as often as I liked.  And abou the 3 listens thing: I'm pretty sure you could cheat that really easily.  Off the top of my head, I can think of at least one that should be completely legal: If you add the WMAs to iTunes, it automatically converts them to MP3s.  I don't think the DRM is copied along with this.

But I guess it's better than nothing to have 3 listens.  Most bands don't allow any downloaded songs for free.  And like they said, it's to recruit new fans.

Oh, and I LOVE the artwork.  Done by Derek Riggs, even! :wub:

A few "hints" from a few different people, and the entire setlist is spoiled, despite my best efforts to keep myself unaware. Please think more about your posts, if they could hold any sort of spoiler.

FOR THOSE WHO SAW THE ABOVE SPOILER

The above spoiler was not factual.  A detailed explanation in spoiler tags:

Any of us can guess what sort of songs will be on the setlist.  However, having seen the tracklists here, I can assure you that this album is NOT the verbatim setlist, by either order, content, or anything else.  Feel free to guess if any of these songs ARE on the setlist, but not ONE of those songs is guaranteed by any way, shape, or form.

Carry on.

I only glanced at the list, and I thought "wow, that looks like something they'd probably play this tour."  But I didn't even consider it being the actual setlist.  Given that I can pretty much guess almost every song on the setlist already without seeing any major spoilers (except Fear of the Dark), I'm not too worried about seeing that track list.  I'm not so bothered by knowing what's on the setlist, to be frank.  I just don't want to know the order so every song will come as a surprise when I actually get to the concert.  Though a few surprises would be nice, of course.  I would have loved to have Fear of the Darkcome as an actual surprise, but that one prick posted it in the goddamn topic title.  But I must say, the mods are really doing a good job so far.

I think it's a really clever way of using modern technology in a marketing/recruiting new members drive. Not many major bands would even consider giving away their songs like that. As someone said earlier, convert wmv to mp3 and you've probably ditched the drm cr@p in the process. And it's nice with bands that don't try to prosecute their fans (*cough*'tallica*cough*).

Nice effort, all in all. No wonder we love these guys, right?

Back