Best New Music - 2022 edition

The_7th_one

Ancient Mariner
Happy New Year for everyone
Following the tradition, the purpose of this thread is to share your favorite albums released in 2022 Metal or non metal.
In my case my challenge for 2022 is to listen one new release a day. I hope to post the best one of the week and the best one of the month too.
Enjoy!

I'm looking forward to a lot of albums in 2022 - new releases from HammerFall, Saxon, Scorpions, Sabaton, Stratovarius, KK's Priest, U.D.O. and Battle Beast (for now). It should be great fun.

I have some releases dates from some artist:

2022 NEW upcoming RELEASES

JANUARY

14- Magnum - The Monster Roars
14- Tony Martin - Thorns
28- Jethro Tull - The Zealot Gene
28 - Big Big Train - Welcome to the Planet
28 - Steve Vai - Inviolate

FEBRUARY
4- Saxon - Carpe Diem
11- Amorphis - Halo
11- Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators – 4
11- Alan Parsons One Note Symphony: Live in Tel Aviv
11 - Voivod - Synchro Anarchy
11- cult of luna - the long north road
18- pink Floyd -pulse remastered
18 - Annhilator - metal II
18 - argon Lucassen - rebel in time
25- Scorpions - Rock Believer
25 - tears for fears - the tipping point

MARCH
4 - Marillion - An Hour before it’s Dark
4 - The Flower Kings - By Royal Decree
11 - Bryan Addams - so happy it hurts

APRIL
1 - The Hellacopters - Eyes of Oblivion

SEPTEMBER
Blind Guardian

——————————
Uriah Heep
Kreator
Megadeth
Peter Gabriel
Queensrÿche
King’s X

I have some releases dates from some artist:

2022 NEW upcoming RELEASES

JANUARY

14- Magnum - The Monster Roars
14- Tony Martin - Thorns
28- Jethro Tull - The Zealot Gene
28 - Big Big Train - Welcome to the Planet
28 - Steve Vai - Inviolate

FEBRUARY
4- Saxon - Carpe Diem
11- Amorphis - Halo
11- Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators – 4
11- Alan Parsons One Note Symphony: Live in Tel Aviv
11 - Voivod - Synchro Anarchy
11- cult of luna - the long north road
18- pink Floyd -pulse remastered
18 - Annhilator - metal II
18 - argon Lucassen - rebel in time
25- Scorpions - Rock Believer
25 - tears for fears - the tipping point

MARCH
4 - Marillion - An Hour before it’s Dark
4 - The Flower Kings - By Royal Decree
11 - Bryan Addams - so happy it hurts

APRIL
1 - The Hellacopters - Eyes of Oblivion

SEPTEMBER
Blind Guardian

——————————
Uriah Heep
Kreator
Megadeth
Peter Gabriel
Queensrÿche
King’s X
Some additions I would make:

21 January - Battle Beast - Circus Of Doom
4 March - Sabaton - The War To End All Wars
8 April - Dynazty - Advent

Halestorm are yet to put a date on their 2022 album. Ghost, Avantasia are likely releasing new albums as well, and I think Amon Amarth are doing so too.

I'm massively hyped for the upcoming albums of this year. For me there's at least Stratovarius, Megadeth, Billy Talent, Avenged Sevenfold, Blind Guardian, Amorphis, James LaBrie, Battle Beast, Three Days Grace, Dynazty, Sabaton, Slipknot and Scorpions. And most of these will be out by the end of summer.

Looking forward to new Battle beast, Sabaton, Stratovarius, Sonata arctica, Star one, Pain of salvation, Avantasia, Amorphis, Power paladin, Blind guardian, Abbath, Slash & the conspirators, Porcupine tree and Megadeth

Julia Toaspern - Fröhlich soll mein Herze springen (EP)

"Merrily my heart shall leap" - This is a purely instrumental EP of well-known and very beloved German Christmas Chorals composed by J. S. Bach (1734) and J. Crüger (1653), arranged by Julia for guitar and the occasional trumpet, both in a traditional and jazzy fashion.

Julia Toaspern, guitar
Martin Auer, trumpet

7m8bio-frohlichso-preview-m3_550x550.jpg
You can hear samplers here

Magnum - The Monster Roars
Great album by these guys. It contains a lot of great songs with catchy choruses, melodies… The first Hard Rock/ AOR/ Prog Rock album that deserves to be included here as a very best ones of the year.

cover.jpg

1642769674353.png
A reminder that the new Battle Beast album is out today! It actually found its way onto YouTube a couple of days ago, so I've listened to it several times already. Very good, cohesive album. I'll miss some of the more offbeat tracks (I always loved Endless Summer...) but what we have is great.

Looking forward to when my physical copy arrives tomorrow so that I can hear the bonus tracks, which I've not managed to find online.

Manic Sinners, a new melodic rock/metal supergroup from Romania showed up in my YouTube recommendations today courtesy of a record label channel. Most of the time these recommendations are fairly forgettable, but on rare occasions a gem pops up. This was one of those occasions for me.

Their debut album is out February 18th.

Hardcore Superstar - Abrakadabra (Gain, 25 March 2022)

Fourth (!) single of the upcoming album, and the best one yet. Feels weird to practically have heard half the album with two months left until its release, but who's complaining?

Hardcore Superstar - Abrakadabra (Gain, 25 March 2022)

Fourth (!) single of the upcoming album, and the best one yet. Feels weird to practically have heard half the album with two months left until its release, but who's complaining?
I'm sure I'll find a couple extra gems courtesy of the other users here.
I've never heard of this band before, but based on the song you posted and the other singles I will definitely be getting this album and doing a deeper dive into their discography.

Last edited:
I found this band randomly when Youtube recommended their freshly released album to me.
Modern technical metal usually does not impress me much, it often feels overly dense and trying too hard to be technically challenging. The End of Noise, however, has well-balanced rhythmic parts and interesting melodic passages. Some guitar solos are really intriguing, achieving this with strange note and phrasing choices, rather than hyperspeed shred. Vocals are good enough but tend to get monotonous. It’s well worth checking out if you like Gojira, Meshuggah or similar bands.

Back