Best Metaphysical Song

Which are your three best songs with Metaphysical title ?

• The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Ghost Of The Navigator

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • The Fallen Angel

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The Angel And The Gambler

• Judgement of Heaven

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • From Here to Eternity

• The Apparition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fates Warning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only The Good Die Young

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Heaven Can Wait

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Deja Vu

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • The Number of The Beast

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Another Life

• Purgatory

• Twilight Zone

• Phantom of The Opera

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

____no5

Free Man
The Iron Maiden metaphysical songs are many more than these 16.
Great metaphysical songs like Revelations, Powerslave, Moonchild, Infinite Dreams, Dream of Mirrors, etc etc were not included as they didn't fit the criteria

criteria:
1) the title of the song has to show clearly the existance of some "other dimension" or
2) to show that there is a plan behind our lives (fates warning, only the good die young)

You have 3 votes.
Please explain your vote.
----------

My votes :
1) Phantom of the Opera -one of my favourite songs, great music that fits perfectly with the atmosphere and the lyrics, some great solos, some headbanging moments ....AWESOME

2) Another Life -this one is one of the oldest samples of Maiden's repetition, but I find it an awesome song, plus I find that here the repetition gives this song a style ....is a matter of taste I guess

3) I'll go for Only The Good Die Young -great atmosphere, great epilogue of a HUGE album -also what an awesome bass solo in the middle  :wub: :wub: :wub:

close to take my votes : Ghost of the Navigator, The Fallen Angel

Great poll!  :ok:

I was going to vote same as you but decided to be original and avoid "I agree" comments.  Therefore, I'll go for a fast song that has great bass and melodies including the "oh oh oh"...  That's Heaven Can Wait.

Hey, _No.5 we can dethrone SMX!  He'll never know.  ;)

EDIT: I just saw two members, presumably newbies, that voted for Phantom of the Opera and Another Life without explaining their choices.  How ironic that they'd choose the same songs _No.5 was contemplating. <*sarcasm> 
Boudeur01.gif

Hmmmm, hmmmmmmmm. What'ho said d'thing with the tree bonces. Dooooon't vote without giving a reason for it.

Dammit, I hate to be unoriginal, but I have to include Phantom of the Opera here. It is simply the best piece of music from the albums with Di'Anno and it sounds great both with Paul and with Bruce. The performance at Ullevi in 2005 (Early Days tour) was great (I watched it on TV). I'd love if Maiden would do something like this on the upcoming tour as well (but, of course, after the concert in Trondheim, I don't want to know the setlist before I go there!) The guitar work and the bass line of this song are top notch.

Then, I'll go for the closer of my favourite album. Great lyrics, excellent bass, catchy chorus, ladies and gentlemen: Only The Good Die Young! (Steve, if you read this: PLAY IT!)

Finally, some stuff from the 2000's. If you're navigating on the seas of life, you might meet this character: THE GHOST OF THE NAVIGATOR! Simply a great composition. The singing, the melody, the solos, everything. One of the best songs after Adrian and Bruce returned.

I voted for:

The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg: I love this song and its solid driving rhythm throughout the bulk of it. Good song.

The Angel and the Gambler: I will champion this song for ever more - explanation elsewhere.

Another Life: One thing that has always stuck with me about this is the punky rhythm guitar bit in middle. When I first got this album, I played it to a friend of mine who was heavily into punk, "That's punk", he said. Not sure why, but from then on it became my favourite moment in, what I would consider, a very, very good song. It got better for me when I saw Maiden during the Number of the Beast tour and stood right in front of H's speakers (well, as close as any audience member could be). And when he played that......

My votes go to Another Life, Only The Good Die Young and Heaven Can Wait. The first two songs were explained better above, but Heaven Can Wait is a really good song, with a great atmosphere. My favorite on the SIT album.

after 6 votes, my remarks are :

1) I'm more and more for multi-vote polls (more that one vote option)
2) wow, no vote for the number of the beast yet  :bigsurprise:

1. Phantom Of The Opera; explanation not needed
2. Deja Vu; great intro, Maiden harmonies at their best, simple, yet powerful lyrics, very atmospheric and energetic song.
3. Only The Good Die Young; great guitar work, IMHO the best Maiden chorus ever.

3 votes ??  :bigsmile:

ok then :

1. Ghost of the Navigator, brings the powerslave era to 2000, and I love its bridge /chorus
2. The Number of the Beast, a classic, one of the best intos ever, music fits perfectly with the theme
3. Phantom of the Opera, one of the most accompished Maiden songs, and as Zare stated 'explanation not needed'

I voted for Phantom of the Opera, Twilight Zone and Purgatory because their Paul songs, the single artwork for all of them is cool and they're just good songs.

Ben Breeg - love the heavy riffs
Heaven can wait - on one of the best albums of all time, great solos and the "oh oh oh " section
Phantom - Daley Thomson and Lucozade

Oh this is a good poll.

My votes go to Ghost of the Navigator, Heaven Can Wait, and The Number of the Beast, closely followed by Phantom of the Opera, Ben Breeg and Only the Good Die Young (although I don't really see the metaphysical about this one, I guess I haveto go back and listen carefully to it). Ghost of the Navigator is a very atmospheric song, just like most on the Brave New World album and I have a special affinity to it because it is one of those first songs I heard from Maiden. I love the bit at 3:37 in Heaven Can Wait and the rest of the song is good too, and then The Number of the Beast is just classic. But when I say closely followed, I mean CLOSELY followed, so much so that I might change my mind before I finish typing, so Ill just stop right now :).

I voted for The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, Heaven Can Wait and The Fallen Angel.
I also love:
Breeg - The solo part
Angel - Same
Heaven - The 'Oh oh oh...' part

Phantom, no doubt about it. Why? It's a top ten Maiden song, none of the others, even though they are awesome songs, come close to that.
Nice poll BTW.

Back