• Lightning Strikes Twice

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Gates of Tommorow

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Montsegur

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
To be perfectly clear: Adrian Smith has never written "filler." o_O

Sun and Steel is one of H's misunderstood masterpieces. People call it filler because it was just too awesome for normal ears. They were even afraid to put it on the record. That is why it has never been performed live, and is buried in the tracklist. If it was to be performed live, the sun would burn out and it would be impossible to sustain life on earth.

Ive never undestand why they didnt play Sun & Steel live! Its an awesome song and Im sure it would work live perfectly! Maybe they sholud make a "Pearls of the Beast Tour" or something like that to play songs that never got played or at least only a little

Public Enema Number One, Judgement of Heaven, Look for the Truth, 2 A.M., Lightning Strikes Twice, Quest for Fire, Sun and Steel were NOT fillers.

But if you ask me to pick one song from the list, that would be Public Enema Number One.

Unless you cite an authoritative source on that, you can't just say it like that.
What I mean't was by most people thats what it is considered. I think it isn't but by most people it is.

I quite love Gangland myself, a lot of people don't care for it for some reason, but I think it sounds awesome.

I don't even understand why the Assassin is a filler.

Maybe because it was one of the earliest Maiden songs i ever listen.

Well fans put the "filler" tag too haphazardly on stuff they rank as second tier material. I don't think any of the songs up there was written by the band just because they needed an extra song on record.

Nope. I was thinking that. Like them or not, consider them second-rate or not, I don't think any of them was written just as a stop-gap.

This thread and its premise is a joke. Unless a band clearly stated that something is a filler, there is no authoritative background for such a list. For all we know, Rime of the Ancient Mariner could have been written as a filler because the album was 10 minutes short.

Back