BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Haha. Well, I just like her voice. More than these three. I still remember when I heard her for the first time. Some cool Belgian radio metal program called Metalopolis.
Enter was just out.

Interesting round.
I was not familiar with Dorn, who is clearly a powerhouse. Axel is unique and his voice works with most of his material (and surprisingly with AC/DC too) but his is not a signature sound that I like enough to vote for. Hughes is another powerhouse. Den Axel is a talent, but her voice is a little thin for my tastes. Hughes edges Dorn because of his grit (and if I’m honest, the Burn riff helped)
Den Adel a talent? When she started perhaps, 23 years ago. She is just a very good, experienced singer by now. Well, also older people can be a talent still, but it sounds so young. ;-)

Well, it's hard to beat all these North Americans and anti-female vocalist people. ;--P

Bye bye angel voice. Thin voice, my Dutch butt!

Last edited:
Attila Dorn is probably the most technically gifted voice in this group but I had to vote for Axl as he is one of the most iconic singers in the entire game. I also love his voice anyway. Glenn Hughes is one of rare instances of 70/80's rock vocalists who sounded better at the turn of the century than when he was young. I didn't care for his vocals in Deep Purple but he's great in BCC. Regarding Sharon - decent vocalist, but she lost me when Within Temptation stopped playing metal as in the song I posted.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 84:
Attila Dorn
Axl Rose
Sharon Den Adel

Promoted after Round 84:
Glenn Hughes

Alissa White-Gluz (ARCH ENEMY, THE AGONIST)

Chester Bennington (LINKIN PARK)

Mats Levén (CANDLEMASS, KRUX)

Myles Kennedy (solo, ALTER BRIDGE, SLASH)

Step aside, everybody, move! This is my round.
I am now going to tell you a little story about the best singer in this game - Mr. Myles Kennedy.

There was once a little dorky guy who was not popular in school and his only joy in life was to play the guitar. He would spend hours and hours of his teenage life playing the guitar in his room, to the extent that the floor got a little dented from his buttocks where he would sit. (True story!)
The guy was extremely talented but he didn't know it. Like many young men with an interest in music, he set up a band with some friends, but none of them was as serious about music as he was, so after changing singers every couple of months, he realized that he would have to try to sing himself if he wanted to keep his band going.

The guy and his band released two moderately successful albums and they got to tour with Creed in their prime. They could have been more successful if the dorky guy hadn't insisted on staying in his hometown Spokane and refused to move down south to where the music magic was happening. As a result, the band fell apart and the dorky guy plunged into a depression, believing he was done with music forever.

Fast-forward to several years later, and the dorky guy was asked to join what was left of Creed, auditioned for Led Zeppelin when they were toying with the idea of getting back to business, and sang for Slash, filling in the shoes of Axl Rose, Scott Weiland, and Chris Cornell. The guy is still dorky and still feels nervous when he has to go on stage, but once he's there, the nervousness is gone and he turns into the most magnetic and charismatic frontman, with an unparalleled vocal range and power.

Thanks for listening.

Voted for Kennedy just to get into Ariana's pants.

( :ninja: )

But also because:

- Alissa is fine and all, but is mostly an example of... I dunno, devolution in her career progression. And I mostly don't know what I should like about her, not a much of personality for me (though I guess I will be once again accused of being biased against women)

- Mats Levén - while undoubtedly interesting - would probably get on my nerves really soon, I can't help but hear some ungodly combination of Bon Jovi's tembre with James Hetfield's dudebro posturings and the novelty of that would wear off pretty quickly, I'd say

- Bennington will mostly just remain an emo poor man's Chris Cornell to me. I'm sad he's dead and all, but he was the acoustic personification of acne. Especially with these older LP songs I feel, like, hundreds of years old, sorry.

BTW - I would have picked something by Agonist myself for White-Gluz - she's not really utilising the best of her abilities in AE.

This is an interesting round as all of the singers are talented in their own right, yet I don't listen to any of them.

Alissa is incredibly versatile, but she spends 75% of her time growling and that is my least favorite part of her range. Her clean singing (when she uses it) is quite good and it's nice that she can growl/scream, I just don't love the timbre of her growl.

Chester did his one thing very well, despite being in a shit band.

Mats has a cool metal voice with a nice snarl and some depth, I really like it and need to listen to more Candlemass and Krux.

But for pure vocal tone and range, I'm going with Myles.

Mats has a cool metal voice with a nice snarl and some depth, I really like it and need to listen to more Candlemass and Krux.
Glad you liked him. For the record, Mats's (@Black Wizard, pay attention) works with Candlemass are: two Abstrakt Algebra albums which was basically Candlemass with a different name, two EP's and one bonus CD with demos of the album King of the Grey Islands. He's the lead singer on all 3 Krux albums, which is again, more or less Candlemass with a different name. Maybe a bit less doomy.

Check this out:

Glad you liked him. For the record, Mats's (@Black Wizard, pay attention) works with Candlemass are: two Abstrakt Algebra albums which was basically Candlemass with a different name, two EP's and one bonus CD with demos of the album King of the Grey Islands. He's the lead singer on all 3 Krux albums, which is again, more or less Candlemass with a different name. Maybe a bit less doomy.

Check this out:

Fantastic performance. Bonus points for Fredrik!

Why did you tag me?

Ooh, interesting round. I'm pretty sure I'll go for Myles Kennedy, his voice is distinctive and sounds great, his range is impressive, and his stage presence is big. I was surprised by the strength of his stage persona when I saw him with Slash - I'd fully expected him to be slightly reserved, but he owns that stage. Good for a variety of genres, too, which is useful when he's likely to be performing with half of Rush in this band. ::)

Back