BEST BAND EVER: Results!

André Matos was an extremely talented singer and even more talented composer. Angra was never the same after he left.

Ann Wilson is good on this song, but that's the only Heart song I know.

I'm not much into Pearl Jam as I always found them the least interesting of the grunge big 4. Eddie Vedder is certainly a great singer, but I'd put him in 3rd place here. Exposure bias.

And Russell Allen is a powerhouse singer who will go far in this game for sure.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 82:
André Matos
Ann Wilson
Eddie Vedder

Promoted after Round 82:
Russell Allen

Greg Lake (ELP)

Johan Hegg (AMON AMARTH)

Ray Alder (FATES WARNING, REDEMPTION)

Simone Simons (EPICA)

Simone. All the others are solid but she’s definitely the best. In fact I could see her going to the end as a co lead vocalist if that was how this section of the game was set up, which it doesn’t seem to be.

Greg Lake.

Also, King Crimson should be mentioned among his bands. In the Court of the Crimson King is the most well-known (and the best) album he sang on.

Yes, I offer Epitaph as one of Greg Lake’s great vocal performances.

I voted for Simone Simons as she has the most range musically here. Johan Hegg is a great and very consistent vocalist but he's been doing the same thing from the beginning without much change. Also, Amon Amarth is losing me musically lately.

My only experience with Greg Lake, or so I thought, was the song I posted. Had no idea he sang in King Crimson too. Decent vocalist, but wouldn't vote him.

As for Ray Alder, I'm in John-Arch-is-the-best-Crew, and Alder's vocals do nothing for me.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 83:
Greg Lake
Johan Hegg
Ray Alder

Promoted after Round 83:
Simone Simons

Attila Dorn (POWERWOLF)

Axl Rose (GUNS 'N' ROSES)

Glenn Hughes (BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, BLACK SABBATH, DEEP PURPLE)

Sharon Den Adel (WITHIN TEMPTATION)

Axl

edit: I'm impressed at the choice of Estranged one of Axl's best ballads. I would suggest Coma and Rocket Queen for additional consideration.

Last edited:
Back