BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Offcourse Halford is going to the final battle. Tate was brilliant from the ep until promised land.
I liked the odd Grunge wannabe crossover he tried with HITNF too, as well as his singing on Q2K. He had some really good moments on that tour too, which makes it all too bad he didn't shine on the Live Evolution CD...

And I had to vote for Rob.

I liked the odd Grunge wannabe crossover he tried with HITNF too, as well as his singing on Q2K. He had some really good moments on that tour too, which makes it all too bad he didn't shine on the Live Evolution CD...

And I had to vote for Rob.
Yeah some songs from HITNF are quite good. Q2K tour was the only time I´ve seen them live. Geoff was great that night.

Reactions: Yax
No, I first noticed it a few rounds ago. Still though, at this point in the game, if Tate is going to go out, he should go out on the backs of one of his better songs. It's the Final Four. He deserves that much, at least.
But this gives room for speculation: "Tate would have won if NP shamelessly hadn't pulled everything he had to rig the game against him."

But this gives room for speculation: "Tate would have won if NP shamelessly hadn't pulled everything he had to rig the game against him."

To be fair, he didn't do that. The matchups really favored Tate and he didn't touch them. The other stuff is distasteful and has no place in a forum game though.

Tate is performing way above his ability in this game. It’s laughable that he’s in the final four over so many better vocalists. If NP was trying to rig the game against him, he really bungled that. Of course Tate is going to get trounced by someone like Halford. It’s no competition.

I honestly thought that Tate would at least get a few votes against Halford. Even James LaBrie got 5 or so.

My opinion of Tate, is that he is fairly one dimensional, and his voice doesn't lend itself that well to other styles of music than just QR style of metal. But he does (did) his thing extraordinary well. His voice was exceptional, and he was rather good live up until around 2007. His 2005 performances while on tour with Priest were out of this world - He suddenly sang like he was 10 years younger.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 105:
Geoff Tate

Promoted after Round 105:
Rob Halford

Rob Halford (HALFORD, JUDAS PRIEST)
vs.
Ronnie James Dio (BLACK SABBATH, DIO, RAINBOW)

Back