BEST BAND EVER: Results!

The bassist game. I know nothing about most of those people and I'm honestly looking forward to having this part of the game over with.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 53:
Martin Turner
Sean Malone

Promoted after Round 53:
Jack Bruce
Les Claypool

Geezer Butler (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL) vs. Paul McCartney (solo, THE BEATLES)
vs.

Cliff Burton (METALLICA) vs. John Paul Jones (LED ZEPPELIN)
vs.

First matchup: really could go either way, but I'm voting for Paul because I doubt that he's gonna win.

Second matchup: also tough, but I think Burton edges over JPJ overall.

Geezer & JPJ

I clearly prefer Metallica to Zeppelin, and Cliff is a great musician, but I'm not very fond of his bass playing. Not fond of distorted bass in general, sounds like a fake electric guitar.

Geezer and JPJ.

Geezer is great and personally I think Paul is overrated. JPJ having the versatility of playing keys amplifies Zeppelin's music and in a super band having someone who has that versatility just adds to the concept of making the best band ever.

Butler vs. McCartney - McCartney is good but due to metal bias I'll have to go with Butler.

Burton vs. Jones - Led Zeppelin hate bias so I'm going with Cliff.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 54:
Paul McCartney
Cliff Burton

Promoted after Round 54:
Geezer Butler
John Paul Jones

John Deacon (QUEEN) vs. John Myung (DREAM THEATER)
vs.

Mike Starr (ALICE IN CHAINS) vs. Steve DiGiorgio (CONTROL DENIED, DEATH, SADUS, TESTAMENT)
vs.

Wow, that’s tough. After careful consideration I’m going for Starr and Myung, but honestly it could’ve gone either way.

I like and respect DiGiorgio, it's just that I'm invested much more emotionally in Starr and his body of work.

I suppose nobody is going to say anything but this round has been active for 5 months.

UPDATE

Deacon vs. Myung - Voting for Deacon because of memorability, but Myung is definitely more technically proficient.

Starr vs. DiGiorgio - DiGiorgio is one of the best metal bass players ever, easy choice.

Back