BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Okay, I'm posting a few videos featuring Plamen, just in case.

In my eyes Andrew Latimer is the hero in this group.

I think Latimer in the same league as Gilmour: Also he has exceptional feel. Add to this: agility, subtlety and superb ear for melody.

E.g.

guitar solo starts @ 2:58

guitar parts I like a lot in Never Let Go:
e.g. here at 0:28

On the more poppy album, Stationary Traveller from 1984, there are lots of nice songs. In this one, you can here some nice clean playing, also (more or less) during vocal parts.

A faster instrumental from 1981:

Did you seriously put Chuck Schuldiner, Dave Mustaine, and Marty Friedman in the same round? Whoa... that's epic.

Who picked Ewan Dobson? Never heard of him but his bio sounds interesting and he seems like a unique choice. Would like some recommendations.

This is probably the group with the biggest amount of unfamiliar guitarists for me, may need to take some time.

Who picked Ewan Dobson? Never heard of him but his bio sounds interesting and he seems like a unique choice. Would like some recommendations.

I discovered him the way most people do, via Time 2 aka "the guy with the hat" song. It introduced me to the dotted eight delay thing. He does all kinds of acoustic stuff that is influenced by metal, classical music etc. I went through a short period of listening to his songs but can't recommend anything at the moment. I think he has released quite a lot.

For Warren Haynes, this is all you need:

My old roommate used to always play this song at the end of the night when we were all drunk/high/whatever. :ninja:

This is really difficult. So many different genres and different styles. How on earth to you compare one to the other?

I know I've no dog in this fight but I just checked out Guthrie Govan. Well, now. That man is class. I ain't no connoisseur but this clown has much musicality, he slips effortlessly from one style to another, one minute its rocky, next jazz, next whatever. Fair play. I listened to a few songs (live vids) and I like the way he lets the band do their bit, he has some tidy bass players with him. Regardless, in general, the virtuoso stuff aint my style. Impressive but boring (after 20mins), I find. So, what I want to ask is this; Cried, what came first, the Bucket or the Govan?
Also, I vote for whoever the fuck is in Riot. Some player.

Back