BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Good plan pitting Emerson against Manzarek, because they both owe a lot to that fairground organ sound which I don't enjoy much, but at least I have to choose based on their individual merits. And Emerson comes across as a heck of a lot more innovative.

Dream Theater keyboardists are difficult to beat, not least since they have such a great opportunity to shine as musicians, they aren't a background accessory. Much as I really, really, like what Brändström brings to the other 'DT', and enjoy their music more overall, I can hear Moore doing a lot more.

@Diesel 11 Are you systematically voting against every Dream Theater member in every game? You can't possibly think that Kevin Moore is a worse keyboardist than that other guy.

That song killed me, but still gonna go with Emerson. Manzarek did really have a distinct style and sound that was very influential, but Emerson did so much more even if I don't like most of his music.

Painful vote for Kevin Moore... Been on a Dark Tranquillity binge the last few days and Brändström is great, and like Moore, also an accomplished songwriter... and probably more genre adaptable than Moore, but still... Had to go with Moore.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 151:
Ray Manzarek
Martin Brändström

Promoted after Round 151:
Keith Emerson
Kevin Moore

Jon Lord (DEEP PURPLE, WHITESNAKE)
vs.
Rick Wakeman (YES)

Michael Pinnella (SYMPHONY X)
vs.
Tuomas Holopainen (NIGHTWISH)

Throwing in a vote for Wakeman and going with Tommy because he’s really, really talented and I love Nightwish. Pinnella is my #2 from this stage of the game though, so it’s not exactly the best matchup for me. If Pinnella comes through I hope he makes it all the way; likewise if Tuomas wins it.

Glad to see Tuomas going against some tough competition so we can finally get rid of that fraud.

Someone please break the tie.

I'm obviously not gonna vote for someone from Yes. How in the fuck is this guy beating Jon Lord?! What the actual fuck.

Also, Tuomas is a great songwriter, but I don't think he's that particularly great at keyboards purely as a keyboard player. So Pinnella it is.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 152:
Jon Lord
Tuomas Holopainen

Promoted after Round 152:
Rick Wakeman
Michael Pinnella

Keith Emerson (ELP)
vs.
Tony Banks (GENESIS)

Jens Johansson (DIO, RAINBOW, STRATOVARIUS)
vs.
Kevin Moore (DREAM THEATER, O.S.I.)

That ELP song was cool and concise and had interesting keyboard playing. Will take it over the Genesis song where I didn't much care for keyboards (guitar solo was great though). So Emerson > Banks.

2nd match was trickier; I honestly had Kevin Moore as my favorite to win this, but somehow forgot about Jens till this match... It just has to be him. At least Kevin Moore outlasted the other two inferior Dream Theater keyboardists :p

I like Kevin's playing a tiny bit more than Jens's, but ended up voting for Jens because his achievements are undoubtedly greater than Kevin's. Also, I feel like this forum is a bit underexposed to Johansson's abilities.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 153:
Tony Banks
Jens Johansson

Promoted after Round 153:
Keith Emerson
Kevin Moore

Keith Emerson (ELP)
vs.
Rick Wakeman (YES)

Back