BEST BAND EVER: Results!

I really liked that The Band song, will check out more of them. I am just about sick of Yes in this game. Garth Hudson it is.

Tough choice. Both Tuomas and Flake rely a lot on orchestrations and effects... So Tuomas wins on songwriting.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 145:
Garth Hudson
Christian Lorenz

Promoted after Round 145:
Geoff Downes
Tuomas Holopainen

David Bryan (BON JOVI)
vs.
Jon Lord (DEEP PURPLE, WHITESNAKE)

Jordan Rudess (DREAM THEATER, LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT)
vs.
Louis Panzer (NOCTURNUS)

I'd be a lot quicker to vote for Bryan if it wasn't for that video, which really hammers home the horribly 80s kitschness of the music. I don't like background organ music much, though it just kinds of nags away like a grumbling headache and a sore throat and is so overdone in some 60s and 70s music. Going for Bryan, at least 80s poppish keyboards are a bit clearer and more stand-out. And also to prove KidInTheDark wrong.

I quite like what Panzer brings to Nocturnus, although it's just there in the background more than anything. Rudess has more of a chance in Dream Theater to let his musicianship shine.

Bon Jovi guy is decent, but Jon Lord was a deity. I don't like Rudess and won't vote for him although he's obviously better than the Nocturnus guy. I actually really liked that Nocturnus song, but I think Panzer is more of an influence by being in one of the first bands to use keyboards in death metal, rather than his playing abilities.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 146:
David Bryan
Louis Panzer

Promoted after Round 146:
Jon Lord
Jordan Rudess

Keith Emerson (ELP)
vs.
Tony Carey (RAINBOW)

Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, SONS OF APOLLO)
vs.
Joost Van Den Broek (AFTER FOREVER, AYREON, STAR ONE)

Emerson is way better and had a way better discography. Carey is great on Rising, but that's just about the only notable album in his discography.

Sherinian is more famous and probably more technical, but I really enjoy Joost's (live) work with Ayreon and Star One so he gets my vote here.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 147:
Tony Carey
Joost Van Den Broek

Promoted after Round 147:
Keith Emerson
Derek Sherinian

Richard Wright (PINK FLOYD)
vs.
Rick Wakeman (YES)

Santeri Kallio (AMORPHIS)
vs.
Tuomas Holopainen (NIGHTWISH)

Wow. This is a really tough round. I know I'm probably gonna pick Wakeman and Tuomas, but still, a tough choice indeed.

It's gonna be Wright and Tuomas for me. Again, Tommy is my pick to win. I hope the rest of the band writes the music and he takes care of lyrical duties. That'd be lit.

I'm leaning towards Wright at the moment. Wakeman seemed an obvious choice, but I can't help help feeling Wright's has more standalone potential. I need to listen to more Yes and Pink Floyd, which of course I will hate every moment of. :innocent:

Voting for Richard Wright, obviously, but I also listened to the Yes song despite getting more and more annoyed by them appearing in virtually every 2nd round in this game <_<

Also, I picked Kallio because I can hear more of his actual playing in Amorphis than I can hear Tuomas' playing in Nightwish (due to orchestra(tions)). Tuomas is a better songwriter, but Kallio is great too, as he wrote the song in this round (Sampo).

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 148:
Richard Wright
Santeri Kallio

Promoted after Round 148:
Rick Wakeman
Tuomas Holopainen

Don Airey (DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW)
vs.
Jon Lord (DEEP PURPLE, WHITESNAKE)

Jordan Rudess (DREAM THEATER, LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT)
vs.
Michael Pinnella (SYMPHONY X)

Back