BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Voting for:

Kaki King, Marco Sfogli, Mike McCready, Shawn Lane and Tosin Abasi -> Never heard any material from them, except maybe one Pearl Jam song.
Steven Wilson -> I don't think he's a particularly great guitarist. What I heard from Porcupine Tree and his solo career makes me think he's more a song-oriented musician than a guitar wanker.
The Edge -> U2 sucks.

'Cause I doubt they'd instantly displace some of my favorites. FINE! I'll do it but probably won't change my votes :p

I didn't even know who any of them were apart from McCready. I fixed that though :p Sfogli apparently plays for LaBrie's solo band so I'm gonna download that melodeath album of his. I liked the songs I've heard before the album came out, just forgot to listen to the whole thing. And Tosin Abasi plays in Animals As Leaders, and I'm really not a fan of them... No doubt about the technical quality of it, but it's just mindless wanking without any sort of catchiness.

Any songs from Kaki King and Shawn Lane you can recommend? I see it's all instrumental stuff.

'Cause I doubt they'd instantly displace some of my favorites.

I didn't know who Kaki King was prior to this round, I checked out a couple of her videos on YouTube and guess what, I did not vote for her.

Any songs from Kaki King and Shawn Lane you can recommend? I see it's all instrumental stuff.

Most of Shawn Lane's work consists of being a part of Jonas Hellborg's jazz trio. I'd suggest giving the album Personae a shot. If you want a specific song, check out the opening track of that album.

Come on Flash, stop being so damn sensible. You should all probably follow the NP rule of voting...
I DO NOT KNOW THESE PEOPLE THEREFORE I VOTE FOR THEM!
Pffff, I'm just the only one who openly admits it, I bet there are others who just vote instead of publicly saying they haven't heard of all of them :p

You're voting for a guitarist! :blink:
I'm not much into instrumental music though. I know we're ranking guitarists, but still.

Not very familiar with Sfogli, who nominated him? Never really listened to JLB's solo albums because the clips I heard didn't sound appealing. But I'm sparing him this round in case someone wants to turn me on to some worthy music.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 5:
Gregor Mackintosh - 12 votes
Marco Sfogli - 11 votes
The Edge - 10 votes

Oh poo. I thought Edge deserved to stay, for valiant efforts in holding an entire band together with one guitar.

Back