BEST BAND EVER: Results!

I don’t care that Buckethead hasn’t written some of the most memorable leads in rock history. This isn’t a popularity contest. He has plenty of leads that are just as melodic and memorable as Gilmour.

Who said anything about popularity? o_O Memorability and popularity are two different things.

Also, it clearly is a popularity contest, even though I'd like it not to be. That was well established by people acknowledging that they were voting out people that they hadn't heard of.

477.gif

Petrucci vs Romero - Never been able to get into DT and never listened to Symphony X. Didnt vote.

Gilbert vs Blackmore - Never listened to Gilbert but I doubt it would make a difference. Blackmore is class.

Buckethead vs Gilmore - Ive certainly listened to more Floyd than Buckethead and they have some all-time classics but as a guitar player I have to go with Buckethead. Time may well be one of my favourite songs but I can rarely listen to more than 20mins of Floyd before they start to annoy me. And I have not enjoyed any of the Gilmore solo stuff I've heard.

Downing vs Iommi - Priest vs Sabbath. No contest, for me. For me, Priest are a decent band with some great tunes but neither guitar player stands out to me. Iommi stands out and my favourite 5 Sabbath songs would totally out class my top 5 Priest tunes.

Thought Pink Floyd were better liked on this forum. Wonder where they'd end up if we did the band competition again.

What I said isn’t about technical ability or emulation though. Buckethead wins on versatility. He can play the emotional melodic leads. He has a fantastic unique tone.

I don’t care that Buckethead hasn’t written some of the most memorable leads in rock history. This isn’t a popularity contest. He has plenty of leads that are just as melodic and memorable as Gilmour.

Best band ever, not best guitarist.
Buckethead has written nothing that resides in the public consciousness.

It’s about greatness.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 27:
David Gilmour
K. K. Downing
Michael Romeo
Paul Gilbert

Promoted after Round 27:
Buckethead
John Petrucci
Ritchie Blackmore
Tony Iommi