BEST BAND EVER: Results!

But that's 40, not 64 :facepalm: Since we already started this way, I'll just figure out another way to deal with the Final 40, unless someone has a better suggestion.
Here's an idea: The top 6 of each group automatically advance to the knockout round (30 total). guitarists #7 and #8 from all groups will face off in an additional round to get the final 2 spots in the 32 person knockout bracket. So that means 10 guitarists total will fight for the last 2 spots. We could do it as another survivor style, slowly eliminated until the 2 remain.

I hope that all makes sense. :)

Last edited:
Damn, if you hadn't posted that, I wouldn't have noticed how far off my math was.

This was the plan:

But that's 40, not 64 :facepalm: Since we already started this way, I'll just figure out another way to deal with the Final 40, unless someone has a better suggestion.

You could stick to the 64 idea by promoting 13 or 12 instead of 8. Like this:
4 groups have 13 to be promoted, 1 group has 12 to be promoted. 4x13 + 1x12 = 64

This way you don't eliminate too many guys in an early stage and people will have more opportunities (time) to get to know the players.

I figured it out. I'll still promote 8 from each of the 5 groups of 20, but the knockout phase will be different.

I'll rank the Top 40 based on votes from the group phase, so that the Top 24 is safe and the remaining 8 places will be decided between Low 16, in knockout style. I hope it's not too complicated, but I'm the one doing the draw and y'all just need to vote anyway so it's not your hassle :p

Re: Wilton dislike, DeGarmo is definitely the better of the Queensryche guitarists, but DeGarmo / Wilton has always been a criminally underrated duo among guitar legends. Same with Denner / Shermann from Mercyful Fate.

Once we get rid of Django Whosit, I can actually participate here. That or go listen to his music, but eh.

Once we get rid of Django Whosit, I can actually participate here. That or go listen to his music, but eh.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yeah, he's only been an influence for I don't know how many guitarists, including Tony Iommi. He's only been considered one of the best guitarists ever, despite having only three fingers functional on his fret hand.

But fuck him, 'cause he was born too early so he played in the swing era. Let's promote Wilton, Hetfield and Tipton, cause they're tr00.

It's one thing to have never heard of his music or not liking it, but the guy is one of the most influential guitarists of all-time, a true legend of the instrument. It's really your problem that you don't know who he is.

Queensrÿche is the better band but Wilton never played anything as awesome as Skolnick's solos in this song:

Currently near/in the danger zone, only one can survive (unless others with less votes will get more, of course):

King
Reinhardt
Beck
Townshend
Malmsteen

Back