BEST BAND EVER: Results!

I know who I'm voting for in 3 of the 4 matches, but I'm not sure who to vote for between Kai Hansen and Randy Rhoads.

So, Maidenfans, can I get some convincing/examples to help me make a decision? :)
Kai Hansen is just a normal, everyday metal guitarist. Nice stuff but easily beaten at his own game.

Randy Rhoads, however, was a pioneer. The two albums he released with Ozzy Osbourne before his untimely demise are gold if only for his amazing guitar playing. The riff in Crazy Train or the solo in Mr. Crowley... gold. Personally he's my all-time favorite because of how he impacted younger me and still blows my mind now.

Are we supposed to vote for them as interpreters OR composers or an average between what we think of them as interpreters AND composers? (in the first case, Randy Rhoads would win, in the second case it would be Kai).

Last edited:
I love that riff especially. But the wealth of the songs and guitar music created by Hansen is way more important for me.

Tied it up again and one more against the god of guitar. RIP Randy, I will try to change the public's impression of thee in thine favor.

:ninja:

He's hardly doing badly, he's comfortably in the lead.

Al Di Meola is the one getting shafted here.

Back