BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Speaking of melody, sad that the criminally underrated Buck Dharma is about to go.
I always appreciate how in the wankfest of solos in the Hear n Aid project, his stood head and shoulders above the rest for its sheer musicality.

It’s the finale, at 4:48

Always goosebumps that solo. Every time.

@Forostar I don't deny that Rhoads became more famous because of his early death, but nonetheless, there will never be a greater guitarist than he was.

I'm not joking.

I was maybe 11 or 12 when I first heard Crazy Train. It was night, and me and my dad were driving home after a get-together with friends of ours. We were listening to the radio.

And then there came that iconic "All aboard!" and laugh from Ozzy.

The bass.

And then OH MY FUCKING GOD

Crazy Train's riff literally, and I mean literally blew my mind. There is no other song, save The Beatles' Day Tripper, that has impacted me as much as Crazy Train did. I still get goosebumps.

He may have died young, but look at the legacy he left... Crazy Train... Mr. Crowley... Diary of a Madman... Over The Mountain... he was a riff lord and master of the guitar solo. The only other guitarist that successfully blew my mind like he did was Dimebag Darrell with the opening to Cowboys From Hell, but that was to a far lesser extent.

His early death might make him overrated to some, but to me, it just makes Diary and Blizzard all the more precious.

My favorite guitarists list, off the top of my head, is something like:

5. Buckethead
4. Chuck Schuldiner
3. Dave Murray / Adrian Smith / Janick Gers (because he's very entertaining)
2. Dave Mustaine (and Marty Friedman for Rust In Peace)
1. Randy Rhoads

There's not a better guitarist I've heard yet.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 11:
Uli Jon Roth - 10 votes
Dick Dale - 9 votes
Steve Lukather - 9 votes

I just realised something. I missed the original round of singer nominations and I didn't mind, but there's a glaring omission. NP, I know you already picked your 100 (or another number) of vocalists for the game, but would you please consider adding Dan McCafferty as the sole nomination by me? Pretty pretty please :D <3

EDIT: Considering that Yankovic got in, youse could have nominated at least Noddy Holder as well... <_<

Last edited:
yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 12:
Prince - 11 votes
Jimi Hendrix - 8 votes
Buck Dharma - 7 votes

Promoted after Round 12:
Al Di Meola
Alex Lifeson
Dimebag Darrell
Joe Satriani
Randy Rhoads
Robert Fripp
Steve Morse
Steve Vai

Buck Dharma lost the tiebreaker against Dimebag Darrell, based on the average number of votes.
Fourth group joins the game!

This bunch is going to be significantly easier to choose from, IMHO or maybe it's just that a lot of the people here are either very much my style or not at all.

Jones, DeGarmo, Page, Frusciante, Hansen, Faulkner (KK ftw!) and Slash

Don't know Timmons and Orianthi enough, so maybe next time.

And when the first vote against Hackett comes, I'm really gonna unleash a virus unto the forum or something... <_<

Buck Dharma lost the tiebreaker against Dimebag Darrell, based on the average number of votes.
Damn... Last time I checked Dharma was comfortably leading vs both Dimebag and Rhoads. It was a while ago, though. Did you wait until that changed? :D;)
Still I'd like to know: how long do you wait, focusing on time only @Night Prowler ? What is the minimum amount of days, and what is the maximum?

Damn... Last time I checked Dharma was comfortably leading vs both Dimebag and Rhoads. It was a while ago, though. Did you wait until that changed? :D;)
Still I'd like to know: how long do you wait, focusing on time only @Night Prowler ? What is the minimum amount of days, and what is the maximum?
This round lasted for 2 weeks because I was busy & too lazy to update, and also forgot to update until today. Dunno when the results changed. It's same to me whether Dimebag or Dharma went through, not that big of a fan of either of them, so no bias! :p

Rounds should last for 3-4 days, I usually update when there's 13+ voters.

Back