BEST BAND EVER: Results!

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 111:
Tom Hunting
Mick Fleetwood

Promoted after Round 111:
Baard Kolstad
Barriemore Barlow

Adrian Erlandsson (AT THE GATES, CRADLE OF FILTH, PARADISE LOST)
vs.
Sean Reinert (CYNIC, DEATH)

Marco Minnemann (solo, THE ARISTOCRATS, almost-DREAM THEATER)
vs.
Stewart Copeland (THE POLICE)

It also should be worth noting that Marco Minnemann played drums on several of Steven Wilson's solo albums. His best albums, at that.

It's disappointing that he doesn't have even a single vote. :(

The Police can fuck right off.
What a wasted opportunity to say Fuck The Police, sad!

I disagree, also.

Sean Reinert wins the first round easily. Pioneering prog death drummer for Cynic and Death. He could do it all, sad that he's dead. And that his feud with Masvidal robbed us of more quality Cynic material. Adrian is a solid drummer, but his only real standout performance is on Slaughter Of The Soul.

Easy vote for Copeland here. Minnemann is definitely one of the most inventive and technical drummers, as shown in the sample video above, but I'm more familiar with Copeland, so exposure bias! Joking aside, Copeland is world class percussionist AND drummer as exhibited in the video above. Really deserved that drummer-only video.

Sean Reinert wins the first round easily. Pioneering prog death drummer for Cynic and Death. He could do it all, sad that he's dead. And that his feud with Masvidal robbed us of more quality Cynic material. Adrian is a solid drummer, but his only real standout performance is on Slaughter Of The Soul.

Easy vote for Copeland here. Minnemann is definitely one of the most inventive and technical drummers, as shown in the sample video above, but I'm more familiar with Copeland, so exposure bias! Joking aside, Copeland is world class percussionist AND drummer as exhibited in the video above. Really deserved that drummer-only video.

Absolutely, totally agree. Marco vs Stewart was a bit hard for me at first, because, yeah, MM is absolutely awesome, has a sense of humour and can play a lot of things not many people can play. But Stewart Copeland is Stewart Copeland.

And

Double fixed.

The Police can fuck right off.

This honestly shocked me and if it were not you, I'd ask whether you actually know anything else than those hits from Synchronicity and Sting solo, but you probably do, so whatever.

The Police rule, absolutely, sorry.

Back