BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Urg this one is tough! For every Victim Of Changes we have Stargazer. Beyond The Realms Of Death is matched by Children of The Sea. Rainbow In The Dark and Living After Midnight. I listen to Priest more than Dio material but a year ago it was the complete opposite having just begun to get to know Priest's catalog.

I'm going to side with Halford but Ronnie is an incredibly desrving winner as well.

Dio has a bit more personality in his singing, but Halford always wows me more. As much as I agree that he seems calculated, like Knick pointed out, he’s just so skillful with it and still sounds great today. Gotta go with Rob.

Initial reaction to Rob Halford: "Last guy is super talented and the only one I really wish I could get my hands on. He demonstrates several mad skills, but they aren't well-integrated. It doesn't matter so much because he is so committed, expressive, and musical, but I could have helped him do it easier and better"

Initial reaction to Rob Halford: "Last guy is super talented and the only one I really wish I could get my hands on. He demonstrates several mad skills, but they aren't well-integrated. It doesn't matter so much because he is so committed, expressive, and musical, but I could have helped him do it easier and better"

Read the quote from that same article about Dio. She has no notes for him and praises his technique. Her comments about Halford are actually saying that she wishes she could teach him how to sing better. Point Dio, as always.

Read the quote from that same article about Dio. She has no notes for him and praises his technique. Her comments about Halford are actually saying that she wishes she could teach him how to sing better. Point Dio, as always.
Yes, she is saying she could make him better, also in the sense that he has the most potential of the five. Halford was always a bit raw and just pushes and pushes himself, out of his comfort zone. What I read into her comments, is that Halford has towering technical potential he doesn't quite reach - Not that he's the least skillfull of the bunch. Dio is one of my favorite vocalists ever, but I can't quite say I've ever heard him outside of his (vast) comfort zone. His mid range singing is ridiculously powerful though, and if that alone was being compared, I'd take him every day.

The song she heard was from Priest’s second album, though, and I think he got better as the years went by, culminating with Painkiller.

The song she heard was from Priest’s second album, though, and I think he got better as the years went by, culminating with Painkiller.
That's a completely different style of singing though, than what he applied in the 70's. Which is also what I love about Halford. He has reinvented himself countless of times.

I'm myself partial to his mid 80's and 2000-2001 singing.

Dio by a country mile. Halford annoys me a bit and I find Painkiller (song) laughable. I don't care if theres some technical greatness goin on, it sounds ridiculous to me. In terms of Dio, I just think he sounds great. I enjoy listening to him.

Back