BEST BAND EVER: Results!

My favorite vocal performance from Russell Allen:

I bought this album right when it came out, because I’d heard about it, but to this day I do not like it. I like earlier SX stuff, when they’re more neoclassical Yngwie style, like smoke and mirror - even though that style is more like a guilty pleasure for me when I want to play baroque viking knight hero.
Dio was obviously great, not as great as Bruce Dickinson, but great.

I bought this album right when it came out, because I’d heard about it, but to this day I do not like it. I like earlier SX stuff, when they’re more neoclassical Yngwie style, like smoke and mirror - even though that style is more like a guilty pleasure for me when I want to play baroque viking knight hero.
I'm actually in agreement when it comes to the album as a whole. For me it doesn't hold a candle to the 4 albums that preceded it. That said, the title track is a thing of beauty.

I think it's very likely that Staley, Kennedy and Cornell would all defeat Tate had they matched up against him.
Staley vs Tate would've been awesome!

MaidenFans is probably the only place where an opinion like that gets laughed at.
I'm not a Slipknot or Stone Sour fan but the guy can sing for sure. Same can be said about Chester Bennington.

I like earlier SX stuff
Same here. The Divine Wings Of Tragedy is still my favorite.

This round is the farce to end all farces. I no longer have any feelings for this tournament.
It's also laughable that you guys have given Bob Halford such a comfortable victory over Freddie Mercury. The latter is definitely a better singer. Bob is great too but not on the level of Fred. There's definitely no anti-Gay bias in this pairing. Anti-Kenyan bias perhaps?

Anyway, my votes:
To be fair, the mixup between the terms "best" and "favorite" isn't doing the game any favors. It makes it confusing. The initial post in this thread is about voting forth the "best" vocalist, yet the poll states we should vote for our favorite vocalist. Two very different things. In the case of Mercury and Ripper, I voted for which vocalist I thought was "best" rather than the one I prefer to listen to.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 104:
Russell Allen

Promoted after Round 104:
Ronnie James Dio

Geoff Tate (KNIFE WIELDING MANIACS, QUEENSRŸCHE)
vs.
Rob Halford (HALFORD, JUDAS PRIEST)

Agreed. Tate was an incredible singer. Became a horrific egomaniac asshole, but I don’t get the terrific bias going on against him here. Although everyone voting already knows him and Halford quite well so I guess it doesn’t really matter.

Agreed. Tate was an incredible singer. Became a horrific egomaniac asshole, but I don’t get the terrific bias going on against him here. Although everyone voting already knows him and Halford quite well so I guess it doesn’t really matter.

Tate in his prime was amazing, I've heard he can still be quite good, I just prefer Halford to him

Back