BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Keep both. Have one as a backup singer. Given how high profile our band will be, that’s all they’re going to be known for. Absolute win.

Both great singers. I prefer Halfords voice. Performances on albums like Painkiller, Defenders of the Faith, British Steel and Sad Wings of Destiny, songs like Blood Red Skies, Beyond the Realms of Death... are the pinnacle of singing.

On top of that:

discography w Halford > discography w Dio

Halford it is, without a doubt. His music, his performance, his voice. Would never come on second place vs Dio.

Rob is is absolutely brilliant, but when push comes to shove there is no voice I’d rather listen to than Ronnie’s.
“As the misty morning crawls away to die, reaching for the stars we blind the sky....”

I’m with Foro on Dio for all the same reasons. Dio has incredible peaks as a vocalist but he also had a lot of low points and was just generally less consistent throughout the 80s and 90s. Halford evolved, reinvented himself several times, and maintained a level of consistency that, in Metal, is matched only by the vocalist who isn’t allowed in this game.

There is a case to be made, though, for the fact that Dio ended on a high note. He was doing great work with Sabbath and although his solo albums were less frequent, his last couple stand among his best work. There’s a very good chance that he is remembered more fondly than Halford because, frankly, the last decade has really not been kind to Halford. Dio died before he had the chance to soil his legacy.

Best Vocalist Ever - Top 10
01. Ronnie James Dio
02. Rob Halford
03. Russell Allen
04. Geoff Tate
05. Floor Jansen
06. Chris Cornell
07. Freddie Mercury
08. Ian Gillan
09. Hansi Kürsch
10. Phil Lynott

Best Guitarist Ever - Top 10
01. Tony Iommi
02. Alex Lifeson
03. John Petrucci
04. Ritchie Blackmore
05. Buckethead
06. Gary Moore
07. Glenn Tipton
08. Dave Mustaine
09. David Gilmour
10. Joe Satriani

Best Bassist Ever - Top 10
01. Geddy Lee
02. Geezer Butler
03. John Myung
04. Chris Squire
05. Flea
06. Phil Lynott
07. Roger Waters
08. Bootsy Collins
09. John Paul Jones
10. Sting

Welcome to the Drummers part of the Best Band Ever game.

64 drummers will participate in a knockout style tournament.

yi1wT33.jpg

Lars Ulrich (METALLICA)
vs.
Neil Peart (RUSH)

Kai Hahto (NIGHTWISH, WINTERSUN)
vs.
Sean Kinney (ALICE IN CHAINS)

Back