BEST BAND EVER: Results!

That top one is hard, but I'll go with Flea and feel bad about it. Sting for the other matchup.

Mendez, Entwistle, Paul Jones, Sting, Bootsy and as much as I love Les I'll have to go with Geezer

Last edited:
Waters vs. DiGiorgio - Seems I'm in the minority here, but I always felt Waters was nothing special. DiGiorgio is probably the best metal bass player ever.
Waters is one hell of a bass player and as good (if not better) than DiGiorgio. But DiGiorgio's tone, like for fretless bass, and the lines the man comes up with are just my cup of tea. Perhaps my favorite rock/ metal bass player.

Flea vs. Jones - I never really cared for Led Zeppelin's music but what I heard didn't have much memorable bass, as opposed to RHCP.

Lynott vs. Sting - Close call but I went with Lynott, because I like Thin Lizzy a bit more.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 60:
John Paul Jones
Sting

Promoted after Round 60:
Flea
Phil Lynott

Bootsy Collins (BOOTSY'S RUBBER BAND, PARLIAMENT-FUNKADELIC) vs. Geddy Lee (RUSH)
vs.

John Myung (DREAM THEATER) vs. Flea (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS)
vs.

Bootsy and Myung. Not simply my Rushprejudice at work here, but I've been listening to a bit of Parliament for a change of sceneery and enjoying it a lot.

Collins vs. Lee - Geddy, obviously. But this was the best Collins song so far, probably because it wasn't funk or whatever he is usually playing.

Myung vs. Flea - Actually closer call than I expected. I've come to appreciate Flea more in this game. But I'm going with Myung.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 61:
Bootsy Collins
Flea

Promoted after Round 61:
Geddy Lee
John Myung

Geezer Butler (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL) vs. Phil Lynott (THIN LIZZY)
vs.

Chris Squire (YES) vs. Roger Waters (solo, PINK FLOYD)
vs.

Butler vs. Lynott - Yep, Lynott was good but Butler should win the whole game.

Squire vs. Waters - Although I don't rate Waters too much, I'll vote him because I'm really not into Yes' music.

Back