Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander The Great

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • When The Wild Wind Blows

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
Somewhere In Time vs The Final Frontier - futuristic classic vs space classic.... :p

With both albums Maiden have experimented quite a bit IMHO, and the whole theme/feel of time and space.

Which album do you like more? And to be more interesting I will add a poll with the songs head to head (not by the order of the albums track list!).

The two songs that I will exclude from TFF album (10-8) are:

- Satellite 15... The Final Frontier (I think this song do not have a chance vs the other album title track)
- The Man Who Would Be King (very unusual song for the band that will be out of place in a album like SIT, for example. - and I have to remove 2, so...)

Iron_Maiden_-_Somewhere_in_Time.jpg The_Final_Frontier_cover.jpg

Dunno how you came you came up with these pairings, but anyway, aside from “The Talisman”, it’s SiT all the way.

CSiT 2
Talisman 4

Fucking-retards-fucking.jpg

Dunno how you came you came up with these pairings,

CSIT and The Talisman - title track vs title track (Talisman takes the place of S15... TFF).
WY and Coming Home - two perfect songs for a singles with a great chorus.... and they are also two Adrian's masterpieces.
SOM and El Dorado - songs with heavy riff/parts IMO.
HCW and IOA - long songs with a continuous instrumental part.
TLOTLDR and Starblind - the two hidden gems of their respective albums.
SIASL and Mother Of Mercy - I don't know why, but the latter reminds me of the former. And Mother Of Mercy is a better choice than TMWWBK.
Deja-Vu and The Alchemist - the fast short rockers of both albums.
ATG and WTWWB - the two grand epics.

Yeah, but "The Final Frontier" is better than both of them.

Better than ''Mother Of Mercy'' - nope. Anyway, the only position for it was against the other title track.... I wrote the reason why I exclude it!

As a whole SIT album is a lot better than TFF, which is a lot underrated.

But when I voted for the songs head to head, it is a draw... 4-4.

WY/HCW/Deja-Vu/ATG <-> The Talisman/El Dorado/Starblind/Mother Of Mercy

Better than ''Mother Of Mercy'' - nope.
Yes. "The Final Frontier" isn't an outstanding song, but it's a pretty cool listen. The chorus in particular is one of my favorite moments on the whole album. "Mother Of Mercy" straight-up sucks.

Yes. "The Final Frontier" isn't an outstanding song, but it's a pretty cool listen. The chorus in particular is one of my favorite moments on the whole album. "Mother Of Mercy" straight-up sucks.

I also like ''The Final Frontier'' a lot - awesome chorus, yeah (verses and solos too), but when I first listened to the TFF album I immediately liked ''Mother Of Mercy'' (''Starblind'' too and even TMWWBK - nowadays I do not like the latter that much), so you get the picture.

Fear of the Dark vs. Number of the Beast
The X Factor VS Virtual XI

This is the perfect match-up made by @Whooten
I believe they WILL go back to their roots. It is time:

Iron Maiden-X Factor (1st album with a singer that is not Bruce)
Killers-VXI (maligned 2nd album, unfairly under-rated)
Number of the Beast-Brave New World (first with Bruce, chock full of classics)
Piece of Mind-Dance of Death (some of the strongest songs of the era, some cringy filler)
Powerslave-AMOLAD ("masterpiece of the era")
Somewhere in Time-Final Frontier (dude, it's like in space or something)
Seventh Son-Book of Souls (a bit of a concept album, if you squint)
No Prayer for the Dying - ???? (back to their roots)
Fear of the Dark - ???? (the end)

CSIT and The Talisman - title track vs title track (Talisman takes the place of S15... TFF).

...umm you kind of arbitrarily replaced TFF with Talisman and gave it an opener status. This does not avoid the question of why the Talisman and not any other TFF track.

Not that it matters - although in my top Maiden album selections, there's not a single TFF track that is better than any SiT track. Even if you picked up Deja Vu vs Starblind it's Deja Vu all the way because Deja Vu is better at what it is than Starblind.

Somewhere in Time is one of the best rock albums ever produced and arguably (for a lot of people), the best metal album ever. It has 94% score over a several dozen reviews on Encyclopedia Metallum which is an epic score (same score for Ride The Lightning - the best rated Metallica, same as In Rock, best rated Purple, etc.)

Somewhere in Time is one of the best rock albums ever produced and arguably (for a lot of people), the best metal album ever. It has 94% score over a several dozen reviews on Encyclopedia Metallum which is an epic score (same score for Ride The Lightning - the best rated Metallica, same as In Rock, best rated Purple, etc.)
Interesting stuff; didn't realise SiT was that well regarded. What's the highest rated Megadeth album, Zare?

...umm you kind of arbitrarily replaced TFF with Talisman and gave it an opener status. This does not avoid the question of why the Talisman and not any other TFF track.

I do not put it as a opener, I just followed the track list from SIT and added the TFF songs. And why The Talisman? - as I already said, I think S15... TFF will not have a chance against the other title track (and TMWWBK too). Plus that, I needed a epic to be against CSIT and The Talisman does a good job.

Back