Axl Rose Interview on Jimmy Kimmel!

Kill Devil Hill

westwards the tide
Axl is gonna have his first live TV interview in 20 years on Jimmy Kimmel Live October 24th!

I'm so stoked. I'm trying to get tickets to the taping.

He's been more on the punctual side lately. At my show in March, he went on only 45 minutes after the opening act. Admittedly, it was still 11pm when he came on, but baby steps, right? :p

He's probably just gonna promote the Vegas shows, but there's a small part of me that hopes he'll at least mention either a new album or the Chinese Democracy leftovers.

The interview is tomorrow! Ah! So exciting. Even if you don't like Axl, you guys should watch to boost ratings -> boost his confidence -> encourage him to do this more often. ;) Once in twenty years is ridiculous.

Yea I'd agree with that. Though I wouldn't call So Fine awesome either.

It's not my absolute favorite, but So Fine grew on me a lot recently. For being a semi-ballad, it's got great energy, and it kills live.

It's OK, I think it reminds me of a cross between Civil War and Knockin On Heaven's Door. Cool video though, they seem like a great live band.

On a slightly related note, I like how other members of GNR got to share vocal duties on the Illusions. Duff has a good voice.

Me, too, and I love Izzy's voice. Dust N' Bones is one of my favorite GN'R songs.

Speaking of Izzy, have you gotten into his solo material? I swear it sounds exactly like incomplete GN'R material.

On Down the Road and 117° are my favorites. If you want a taste of it, here's my personal favorite:

Also, I know pretty much nobody has committed to watching the interview ( :( ), but I thought I'd post a link for the livestream anyway for those who can't watch on TV for whatever reason. http://www.ilive.to/view/40499/

Not bad, kinda southern sounding. I like the sound of the guitar during the solo.

I might watch the interview, kinda interesting considering he rarely does this sort of thing. Have you seen his That Metal Show appearance? That was definitely interesting.

Yep. I was so pleased he did that interview. I also thought it was cute how he had DJ sit with him during the interview. And I loved how TMS interviewed nearly the entire band in addition to Axl (though Axl's was the only one aired).

I really hope Axl talks about the supposed O2 London show theater release, though. That and a new album is what I'd like to hear about the most. I'm betting he'll simply be telling anecdotes and promoting the Vegas shows, though.

Just my luck, I click the link and it has just started!

I liked the TMS interview but I thought the atmosphere seemed odd, Axl seems much more animated on Jimmy Kimmel. I'd like to hear about a new album too, I'd at least like to see him mention it. Last I heard he has three albums worth of material to record.

Edit: Well looks like he didn't, but that was pretty cool of him to give away tickets and the burger truck thing. Fun interview, I liked seeing Jimmy poke fun at him, he took it well too. He seems like a cool guy who is made out to seem worse than he actually is.

Also, fuck, the one year I don't go to Vegas on Halloween week GNR is playing. Didn't know about that until now, The Joint is a fucking awesome venue too. I would've gone. :(

Yeah, this interview was way better than the TMS one. There was an audience receiving him, Jimmy Kimmel was wide awake (as opposed to Trunk and the gang), and Axl just seemed more comfortable and animated. He even trended worldwide on Twitter, and most people were really positive. What a nice change of pace. :)

I don't think we'll be getting the Chinese leftovers until he's dead, tbh. It's been sounding like he wants to start from scratch once again. During the Chinese sessions, he wrote and recorded mostly in Vegas. Hopefully, the Vegas shows are just something to do between studio sessions.

Oh, man! You're totally gonna miss out. DJ's been saying (well, I guess take what he has to say with a grain of salt) that they're planning on lots of surprises for the Vegas shows and "new songs" (though I'm assuming he means Use Your Illusion songs that lineup has yet to play). Well, they're doing 12 dates in Vegas: Oct. 31, Nov. 2-3, Nov. 7, Nov. 9-10, Nov. 14, Nov. 17-18, Nov. 21, and Nov. 23-24.

Edit: Full video! http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/...v-interview-in-20-years-on-jimmy-kimmel-live/

Who is Jimmy Kimmel and why is Axl Rose still alive?

Back