ATTENTION: question to all members/mods regarding song topics

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Hiya,

What would you guys think if the song topic polls (voting options) would be closed on 1 September and reopened on the 1st of December?

Let me explain why this would be convenient for the stats project Zare and I plan to devise.

We'd like to do the following: Soon (one of these days in the next week or so) we can mark as the end of the statistic collection period. A couple of days later we can present the site Zare made with all the data we have.

Meanwhile, people can vote and change their votes. Til 1st September:
1st of September -> Loose Cannon could close the polls, and we'll notice that voting will be reopened 1st of December, and meanwhile collect the statistics, fill up the sheet and import into site.

That way we don't need constant periods of work - three months we forget about the whole thing while the people are voting.

We thought 3 months vote, 3 months collection would be good. It would give enough time for people to reconsider their votes and posts, and give enough time for me to update the sheet.

I guess I should also mention that at this point most polls can't be changed/reopened. The idea is that people can vote but also reconsider their vote, which would mean that this would be possible from "soon" til 1 September (Zare please correct me if I'm wrong here). The new votes and changes will be presented in December, and the first presentation will be based on the stats we have now (before the votes can be changed).

Summarized:

Soon (e.g. within a week or two):
End of collection period, soon after that moment: presentation statistics website + votes can be changed (made possible).

1 September
Polls are closed, voting and changing votes is stopped, collection period starts.

1 December
Collection period ends, data can be refreshed

What do you people think?

I especially need to know if you guys do not mind if the polls will be closed for the period of three months? Is that OK for you?

Thanks for considering, Forostar
P.S. I have already contacted LooseCannon about this, and he would like to help out, but he also thought it's important to know what all you guys think about this.  :)

Seems fine to me. By changing votes you mean both changing our votes in the poll and in the posts (that you use for average album ratings)?

Yes, at this point changing a vote in the poll isn't possible yet, but I assume this can be made possible.
Whenever someone changes his vote and wants to let us know, I'd say: better make a new post (don't edit the old one; it's hard to find back). I guess it's good to keep the song commentary in the topics they were meant for originally.

More info on this later.

Sounds OK to me - though I really don't think I will need to change my vote for this period of collecting.

No problem with whatever you guys need.
I can't see myself changing my votes either.

make-it-so.jpg

That sounds great to me. Going in a marathon through my albums, currently up to powerslave. like 20something days left now (including lives and compilations)
Your aware of my situation in this anyway and i have looaaads to change so yeah the sooner the better as far as im concerned  :ok:

Forostar said:
Zare, not sure if you were aware, but I pm-ed (and mailed) you.

Uh, yeah I am, I've just been far too busy...resuming this project sometime in this week.

Zare said:
Uh, yeah I am, I've just been far too busy...resuming this project sometime in this week.

Alright then.

Please contact me when you think I need to do some updates or anything else to collaborate in this matter.

To the forum I say: this project will deviate from the time schedule I proposed one and a half month ago.
Hope you guys understand that this takes quite some time from both Zare and me, and from LooseCannon (closing/opening polls).

Regards, Forostar

I have a two-week leave starting from this Friday. I've been far too busy with job and life-stuff in last month to resume work on this. Needed to complete projects so no-one would bug me while I'm on vacation.

In any case, I'll resume work on this sometime next week.

If i could be of any help i would, but im sure i wouldnt be.
I serve merely as an annoying blinking light to draw attention to the subject  :lol:  With my list nice and out there im ready to compile my data  :D

PS: Appologies ModSquad, just got the warning  :(

Back