Anyone like Death Angel?

Habberdasher

Trooper
I really liked Death Angel back in the 80s. In fact I think Act III is one of the best albums of that era (within a few months of Seasons in the Abyss and Rust in Peace). Anyway, I just saw a video of theirs "Truce". This is the first song I have heard since the "reunion". Can anyone compare the recent three to their first three. Is it similar to Maiden, in that it's still great but different? Just wondering. I don't want to be confused anymore.

I bought The Art of Dying when it came out and really enjoyed it! I think the concensus is that Death Angel still puts out really good albums and that the last three are definitly worth picking up. Don't expect thrash like The Ultra Violence though, but I think you will not be disappointed if you liked Act 3.

Cool riff but I dislike that vocal style. I really prefer grunts instead.
E.g. With a voice such as this one or this one, I'd really dig it.

By the way, note the similarity in these parts:
1:04 Death Angel clip (posted by Albie)
1:19 Napalm Death clip in this post

I only know the first three albums. While I think that Frolic Through the Park has one of the best titles for a metal album ever, I felt it was a bit of a failure, something which definitely can't be said of Act III and mostly, The Ultra-Violence. The title track of the latter may be the best moment in thrash metal.

I think the Ultra-Violence and Frolic through the Park were both a bit hit and miss, but when they hit it was pretty great. Maybe I'll just re-listen to the first three and download a couple of the newer songs.

Weird, I don't have any. I've got Death, Dark Angel and Morbid Angel but no Death Angel...

I know I've heard The Ultra-Violence and liked it, though. I remember when it came out, I loved the title because I love A Clockwork Orange.

Back