Andre Matos, Uli Kusch, Timo Tolkki forming a new band called SYMFONIA!!!

Murder89

Officer Friendly
WOW!!!
They are about to start recording - if they haven't already started - their debut album which will be out in Spring 2011.
I think they have the potential to create some great music even though these so-called supergroups don't always turn out to be that super.
I'm really looking forward to see what they have to offer.

Source
The band's site http://www.symfonia.fi/

Sounds like a good idea, good bunch of musicians ... but the deliberate misspelling irks me. What's wrong with Symphonia?

Very Stratovarius ! But that's due to Tolkki of course. I still can't stand this voice... *shakes head while listening*

Forostar said:
Never liked Matos. He sounds like a strangled duck.

I like his stuff from Shaaman, but his days in Angra are very hit or miss with me. Edu is a MUCH better singer.

I prefer Matos over Edu but there's not a great difference between them.Edu has helped Angra release some great albums and his versions of older songs are almost as good as the originals.
Now that the old drummer is back you get to hear a lot of people asking for Matos to return as well.I'm not a big fan of this aspect.
Angra has a GREAT singer and Matos is doing fine on his own(whether it is Shaman or his solo band or Symfonia).Both bands have moved on and I'm not willing too badly to see them together again.

Anyway, the point is I like Matos a bit more.
(and I've got to listen to that Matos/Paeth album I got a few days ago  :D)

Btw, all recordings for the upcoming album are done and the mixing is almost done as well!!!

Symfonia Official
‎9 songs mixed. Everything will be ready on Friday. Including the cover ;)

I hope that Uli Kusch participated in writing and composing the songs. He was great in Helloween. Although, I think that Tollki wrote most of it, with a little help from Matos.

I can't wait to get this CD, I liked Tolki for the most part and I LOVE Uli Kusch, great drummer no matter where he goes.

Murder89 said:
I prefer Matos over Edu but there's not a great difference between them.

There's a HUGE difference between them! Matos sings higher than Edu, but Edu has a wider range. I like them both, but I prefer older Matos over younger Matos.

Here is a great Matos track post Angra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJg-9zdY8lg That entire CD is AWESOME and worth owning. Too bad their second was crap in comparison and they disbanded after that.

As for the new symphonia track... I liked it, I'm picking that up next paycheck or shortly after that.

Onhell said:
There's a HUGE difference between them! Matos sings higher than Edu, but Edu has a wider range. I like them both, but I prefer older Matos over younger Matos.

I meant there's not a great difference in how much I like each singer.

Reason wasn't as good as Ritual indeed.

Hugo and Luis Mariutti kept playing with Matos in his solo band.They changed their name and a few members but the core was still the same.
Time to Be Free is just as good as Ritual and perhaps better.

The more I listen to the new song, the more I like it.
If only there wasn't this kid-speech(!!!???) in the middle...

Oh ok, I get it now. Time to be Free? Is that the Band or the album? I want to look it up, because I like their collaborations.

Time to Be Free is the album.Andre Matos is the band.
I''ll post a few links
Time To Be Free
Rio
How Long (Unleashed Away)

They released another another album called Mentallize.This one has some really good moments too.
It's a bit softer and more melodic I think.
I Will Return
Someone Else
Mentalize

Both albums are pretty solid and it's hard to find a song that I don't like(especially TTBF)

Just recently I ''discovered'' his collaboration with Sascha Paeth - just after he left Angra - under the name Virgo.
Much different music than the stuff he was doing at the time.
It's really soft and melodic, with a lot of keys and piano passages and some of the cleanest vocals he has ever done.What a pleasant surprise this album was.

Crazy Me?
Baby Doll
Discovery
Streets Of Babylon

Just a few days till the release of the album and here's another song off that record.  Don't Let Me Go.

It's almost scary how lost Timo looks on that close shot.It's a nice little ballad anyway.  :D

It leaked and it's horrible. Every song has something borrowed from Stratovarius or Avantasia, and some other bands. I haven't heard an album with more rip-offs than this one.

My suggestion: go listen to Andre Matos' album Time To Be Free, or last two Stratovarius albums, instead of this POS.

Back