Alter Bridge / Tremonti

Well, I didn't see any threads for Alter Bridge on here, and they seem to get a good positive vibe on here, so, I guess I'll start a thread about them..

For anyone not familiar with who they are: Alter Bridge are the members of Creed, with a different singer instead of Scott Stapp, and they are 100,000+++ times better than Creed by a longshot!!!! It's pretty much an understatement to say that Myles Kennedy is a way better singer than Scott Stapp, not to mention much less obnoxious of a person, lol.. And, I just find their music superior in every way.. Their lyrics are darker and more meaningful, not cheesy like Creed's are... And, they're just heavier and more metal-ish sounding, whereas Creed have more of a pop-rock sound, and not a particularly good one either might I add, lol..

I love all 4 AB albums, but if I had to pick one out of the 4, I would say Blackbird is my favorite, that album is worth it alone just for the song "Blackbird", that song is amazing! And, it's my personal favorite because around the time it was released, I went through some rough times when a close family member of mine past away, and listening to the album really helped me through it, particularly "Rise Today", "Watch Over You", and "Blackbird" of course... But, all 4 are great... AB 3 is definitley the heaviest out of the 4, so far...

I also really enjoy Mark Tremonti's solo band "Tremonti", they are excellent as well, really shows off Mark's amazing guitar skills, and he has a good voice too.. I have his first album, I know the second one just came out, I pre-ordered it on amazon a while back, I should get it next week hopefully.. And likewise, I of course enjoy Myles Kennedy's work with Slash! I love both Slash/MK albums, and have seen them live twice and they are great!

And last but not least, the great magic that is AB live.. I've only seen them once, as part of a radio station festival concert in 2011, and they were on early in the fest so their set wasn't very long, but they were still good.. I hope to see a full show from them someday, I guess their next album will be out either next year or 2017, since they seem to go every 3 or 4 years(Hopefully if Mark isn't planning to reunite Creed again...:(

Well, well, well... Look what we have here. :applause:

As many people here know, I quite like Alter Bridge. While I would obviously agree that they are far better than Creed, I think that such a statement is too simplistic. First of all, Creed was created by a bunch of guys in their late teens. You can't compare the skills of a 19-year-old to those of a 30-year-old experienced musician and songwriter. Second, the way Creed's songs were written had nothing to do with the way AB compose and arrange their songs. Thirdly, Creed had a very different target audience than AB have these days. Having said all that, I wish that Creed didn't get mentioned every time AB were discussed. I personally believe Stapp is a sick man and has been sick for ages and it's s shame that Mark, Brian and Flip still have to work hard to sever ties with him. There will be no Creed reunion anymore, that's a given.

Now, on to AB. I love all 4 albums as well and I think they are very different from each other. However, my favourite album is Fortress, purely because of the quality of compositions. What I like most about the band is that they keep challenging themselves and keep improving and experimenting. Nevertheless, I find One Day Remains a very honest and intimate album, showing the most vulnerable side of the band. Since Myles was almost not involved in the writing process and most of the songs were written by Mark for Creed, One Day Remains is a form of transition to the new era for AB. On the one hand, it stated that this way a very new thing for everybody, mostly lyrically (Down to My Last, Shed My Skin, One Day Remains, etc.), while on the other - it really bridged the gap between the two bands, mostly musically.

Things were very different as soon as Myles joined in the songwriting process and took over the lyric duty. Their songs became richer, fuller and more complex, so Blackbird is objectively the better album, not to mention the better sound that his guitar added. However, the title track is not among my favourite AB songs. I mean I love it, but I just love 12 or 15 other songs more. With AB III they took yet another direction, which may not have been as effective as Blackbird was, but I thoroughly enjoy it.

Oh dear, I'll have to cut this short... As for Tremonti's solo band, I love All I Was and his second album has been playing on my laptop and my phone non-stop for the past couple of days. Some really cool stuff there, but it might take a while to grow and become what All I Was is to me.

Finally, I've seen Alter Bridge live once and will be seeing Myles (with Slash) for the second time in two weeks.

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot three things:

1. AB V should be out in the second half of 2016.
2. Myles's solo album should be out within a year.
3. I've actually met Mark and Myles. :D

wow lucky you, I'd love to meet them! And yes, I understand all your points as to how AB and Creed are different- I know it is 2 different fanbases and they're from 2 different time periods, I was just trying to point out that they are different because I don't like how some automatically assume that they're similar..

Hmmm... I saw/heard them on Sonisphere in 2011 I think and recall to have hated them there. I do also recall though that the sound mixing was HORRIBLE when they played (open air, they were the first band to play and it continued over Limp Bizkit until they figured it out halfway through the Slipknot show) so I may have to give them another shot.

Well the sound definitley must have been bad if Limp Bizkit and Slipknot were there:puke::puke:

also, I got the new Tremonti album on Sunday, it's excellent, I love it!

Last edited:
Limp Bizkit was actually a huge surprise lol, they surprised me how different they sound live. But thats OT

Yeah, I saw the promo clip (heard, actually) and I really enjoy what I heard. Sounds like a very interesting song.
I love the cover, too.

Will see Tremonti on the same day as Maiden along with Sabaton and ghost.

Will be fun.

Love Alter Bridge, gotta admit, didn't bother to check out Marks solo stuff, so I will surprise myself in May

Had a look at their roster and there's nothing too awful, but it's predominantly metal bands. I wouldn't have a problem with AB becoming even more metal, worked for Fortress :)

The new Alter Bridge record is called The Last Hero and will be released on 7 October.

There you go, Napalm Records - AB already sound like Hammerfall and Delain. <_<

TRACK TITLES:
Show Me A Leader
The Writing on the Wall
The Other Side
My Champion
Poison In Your Veins
Cradle To The Grave
Losing Patience
This Side of Fate
You Will Be Remembered
Crows On A Wire