Alter Bridge / Tremonti

It's here! :nana:

I love the verses and the pre-chorus, but not sure about the chorus yet. I've only heard it 4 times so far.
Video is coming later today.

Okay, I've been listening to this all morning and the best I can say about it is that it's complicated.

I like the song very much after hearing it 50 times. It has an excellent intro, verses and pre-chorus. Was really excited when I heard the beginning. Then the chorus came on and it was the most underwhelming chorus that AB have done. Possibly ever, when it comes to singles.

Think of it this way - Wouldn't You Rather is like the Challenger disaster. It started so smooth and nicely and you go "All right, buddy, this is good!", and then...
But in time, people accepted it. I did too after playing it non-stop. On the plus side, there is a nice Maiden-related Easter egg in the lyrics.

Overall: 3.6/5

Take notes, @Diesel 11 , @The Dissident . This is how you write a song review.
Just going to state that these are two very different situations, Arianna admitted to listening to the track roughly 50 times, whereas Diesel and I are doing our initial thoughts on a single listen with the whole album, being that the album's have been ranging to upwards of an hour and a half I'm not going to be spending an additional 30+ minutes typing up paragraph responses to each song following the review.

That being said, I've listened to the new single, it feels fresh and new but it doesn't have that wow factor despite being a good song.

It certainly is. It really baffles me because the last album also had a questionable production but the same guy mixes Tremonti and Slash's albums and they sound okay. Is it possible that AB want to sound this way?

Just going to state that these are two very different situations, Arianna admitted to listening to the track roughly 50 times, whereas Diesel and I are doing our initial thoughts on a single listen with the whole album, being that the album's have been ranging to upwards of an hour and a half I'm not going to be spending an additional 30+ minutes typing up paragraph responses to each song following the review.

But the question is, what's in it for the reader?

It certainly is. It really baffles me because the last album also had a questionable production but the same guy mixes Tremonti and Slash's albums and they sound okay. Is it possible that AB want to sound this way?
That’s the most logical. I went and listened to Fortress and the mix sounded great, there’s no way that it would sound this bad without it being intentional.

'Wouldn't You Rather' reminds me a lot of the Slash album with Myles from last year, particularly the underwhelming chorus. It's not until the post-second chorus vocal but and the guitar solo that it actually sounds like an Alter Bridge song to me.

This is what lots of people say. I personally don't "hear" Slash, I think. The intro and the verses are 100% Alter Bridge.

Back