Album openers

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Just a thought I've been having recently. The first song on an album sets the pace for the new album, and since listening to all of Dance of Death I think I've realized how bloody IMPORTANT it is, since Wildest Dreams unfortunately doesn't do a great job.

Not that I'm saying it's a bad song, but I'd rather have heard Rainmaker or New Frontier first.

Where eagles dare - definitely!

Rainmaker would be coo too - WD sucks as opener!

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

Has to be moonchild [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'd say Prowler or Moonchild.....

Buy I love Wildest Dreams.....Bruce sang it so well when I saw them live (last night of the tour).....and I made sure I knew every word...

aces high with where eagles dare as a close second and the wicker man in third place.

For a long period of my life (a whole 4 months) The Wicker Man was my favourite song ever. It took me a lot of thought for this poll. I thought Moonchild was nearly the best song on the album, just hearing Bruce yell 'Moonchild' does stuff to me. Finally, I came to the conclusion that Be Quick or Be Dead is the best, because I can't think of a better way to open a Maiden concert. I just loved it when they would run on with so much electricity and a Brucey scream! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Too hard.

Prowler, WED and Aces are all three awesome openers

Wicker Man followed by Aces High. ALthough I thought sign of the cross was an interesting choice for an album opener.

[!--QuoteBegin-skrabsta+Sep 16 2003, 11:21 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(skrabsta @ Sep 16 2003, 11:21 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Wicker Man followed by Aces High. ALthough I thought sign of the cross was an interesting choice for an album opener. [/quote]
I picked Sign of the Cross because it is not only an excellent song, but it sets the mood for the whole X-Factor album perfectly, as well as giving us a great intro to Blaze's voice.

Aces High is my very close second, followed by Prowler and The Wicker Man.

Difficult to say, as they're all brilliant in their diversity. I'd say 'Where Eagles Dare' or 'Aces High', although 'Sign Of The Cross' is great in that it sets the mood for the whole album.

Back