Album Of Blaze Material With Bruce Singing

EDDIEVH

Prowler
Always wondered if an album of the better Blaze songs would hold up better with Bruce redoing the vocals? I'd go for something like this :-

1. Futureal
2. Lord Of The Flies
3. Lightning Strikes Twice
4. Look For The Truth
5. Two Worlds Collide
6. Blood On The Worlds Hands
7. Man On The Edge
8. The Clansman
9. Edge Of Darkness
10. Sign Of The Cross

Not a bad record at all and I think the likes of Edge of Darkness and Two Worlds Collide would vastly improve with Bruce on vocals.

Nah. Bruce is better but I respect Blaze for his contribution.

It would be better musically but thats something we can say about all albums after a while - they can be better.

Honestly I'd be interested in seeing this, but given how much time the band spends between recordings already, this would be extra stuff on their plates and I'd rather just get new music instead.

I don't see the point, really. We've already got professionally mixed versions of all five Blaze tracks they've done with the reunion lineup and they vary from good to excellent. I don't really think there's any reason to go back and mess with the ones we don't have just to sate people's neverending curiosity over the issue. I'd much rather have new music instead.

1. Sign Of The Cross
  2. Lord Of The Flies
  3. Man On The Edge
  4. Fortunes Of War
  5. Look For The Truth
  6. Judgement Of Heaven
  7. Blood On The World's Hands
  8. Judgement Day
  9. Edge Of Darkness
  10. Futureal
  11. The Clansman

If there was a time for this it has come and gone a long time ago. Iron Maiden have moved on from the tumult of the "reunion" and the mediocrity of the Blaze years. Would I be interested in hearing studio recordings of some Blaze and Paul era songs with Bruce on vocals? Yes. Do I think it's a worthwhile thing for Iron Maiden to do at this stage of the band's collective career? No.

To sum it up in a nutshell:

I'd much rather have new music instead.
:yes:

I agree with the others that I'd prefer new music and if this was to happen it would of happened long ago. However I feel it would have to be of both Paul and Blaze's era for me it would have to be and ep due to my lack of familliarity with both Paul and Blaze's era's of the band

1. Sign Of The Cross
  2. Wrathchild
  3. Phantom Of The Opera
  4. Remember Tomorrow
  5. The Clansman
  6. Iron Maiden

I wouldn't be against hearing something like this, but I think it'd be a huge slap in the face to Blaze, especially in the case of The X Factor, an album that Steve has frequently cited as one of his favourites. I feel as though rerecording the albums would be like trying to phase them out of existence.

I think adding another Blaze song to the live set would be the better way to go. It won't happen, but live has more potential than a studio effort such as Prowler '88. Three guitars and Bruce would be interesting and I second EDDIEVH's choice of either When Two Worlds Collide or Edge of Darkness.

I would like that they record a live session like BBC Radio something like they did with the trooper or Hallowed be thy name years ago.

Back