Adrian Smith

Stan

Nomad
Welcome to the World is incredible. Adrian's writing and playing... Andy's singing.. I mean, it's fucking heaven. I love this album. I wonder what happened to Andy though... what a great voice, shame if he just stopped singing.
 

Freeze

Prowler
I really enjoyed Psycho Motel's albums, especially the second one. It's annoying that they're so hard to get. And what about The Untouchables? Are their songs still available somewhere on the net? I think I saw a couple of live performances somewhere on myspace...
 

Ardius

Trooper
Freeze said:
I really enjoyed Psycho Motel's albums, especially the second one. It's annoying that they're so hard to get. And what about The Untouchables? Are their songs still available somewhere on the net? I think I saw a couple of live performances somewhere on myspace...

Yup found here
http://www.myspace.com/adrianstheuntouchables

Along with
http://www.myspace.com/adriansmithproject
http://www.myspace.com/psychomotel

Provided by yours truly. I don't bother logging into them anymore, so don't bother sending messages or friend requests. I'm actually surprised the pages still exist.
Also worth noting the two live tracks I put on the Psycho Motel page - those are from the extremely rare bootleg of the Nottingham 1996 Iron Maiden show. (the bonus Psycho Motel tracks being the rare part). You won't be able to find these anywhere else.
I have the full bootleg somewhere, I think theres about 6 songs total, one of which is clipped. Its all Solli-era material of course.
 

BruceZ

Prowler
I got the Psycho Motel albums from Itunes a few weeks ago and am really impressed.

They certainly have some (back then) modern influences, but overall it's still melodic heavy rock and has nothing to do with the depressive grunge attitude.
The singers are actually quite talented, the songwriting is ranging from heavy tracks to some world class ballads and Adrian Smith's guitar playing is a no brainer anyway.

In my mind, Psycho Motel is one of the most underrated bands I have heard yet.
If these albums would been made by any popular 90s rockband they would have sold millions.
 

bearfan

Ancient Mariner
BruceZ said:
I got the Psycho Motel albums from Itunes a few weeks ago and am really impressed.

They certainly have some (back then) modern influences, but overall it's still melodic heavy rock and has nothing to do with the depressive grunge attitude.
The singers are actually quite talented, the songwriting is ranging from heavy tracks to some world class ballads and Adrian Smith's guitar playing is a no brainer anyway.

In my mind, Psycho Motel is one of the most underrated bands I have heard yet.
If these albums would been made by any popular 90s rockband they would have sold millions.

Both albums are really good, I have been listening to the a fair amount over the past 3 months.  There are some great songs in there.
 

Ranko

I'll shoot the gunner first!
It appears that a Germany-based record company, High Roller Records, has recently issued Urchin's LP titled "High Roller", which contains unreleased songs recorded in the period from 1978-1980.

Go here and click on the Urchin link, there's much more information.
 

bearfan

Ancient Mariner
Ranko said:
It appears that a Germany-based record company, High Roller Records, has recently issued Urchin's LP titled "High Roller", which contains unreleased songs recorded in the period from 1978-1980.

Go here and click on the Urchin link, there's much more information.

Awesome, thanks for the info, I'm going to order one up.
 

bearfan

Ancient Mariner
Got the record in the mail today, it sounds good, a bit better than I was expecting.  They did a nice job on the mastering and the packaging is very nice.


Thanks Ranko!
 

Mega

Ancient Mariner
Listening to the first track off WttW. Sounds kinda like Alice in Chains, which only remindes of the fact that H will never play these songs again even more.

Kinda sucks listening to songs from a little band that barely even existed.


EDIT: Also watching the Silver and Gold clip. Jesus christ, it sounds like a typical 80's band, and H looks like a typical 80's singer. I really should stop listening to his solo stuff.

EDIT2: Listened to half of the ASAP album. I think it's a nice distraction, but not too special or enjoyable in the long run. I'm glad H got that out of his system.
Now to listen to a PM album and see if that's another thing he "had to do" before rejoining Maiden, or is it actually good.

EDIT3: I'm really sorry, but this is jus hillarious, off the wikipedia page:
"Adrian's solos are usually composed rather than improvised. His legato playing is very smooth and fast, and typically even his very fast passages have a musical function and relationship to the chord structure behind the solo, drawing from modes and arpeggios which are more often from the blues licks.Adrian is one of the most accomplished metal guitarists of this age. Adrian has evolved a tone and style that is all his own and is unique. Nobody sounds like Adrian, and that is priceless."
 

Babo 91

Nomad
Mega said:
EDIT3: I'm really sorry, but this is jus hillarious, off the wikipedia page:
"Adrian's solos are usually composed rather than improvised. His legato playing is very smooth and fast, and typically even his very fast passages have a musical function and relationship to the chord structure behind the solo, drawing from modes and arpeggios which are more often from the blues licks.Adrian is one of the most accomplished metal guitarists of this age. Adrian has evolved a tone and style that is all his own and is unique. Nobody sounds like Adrian, and that is priceless."

what so hilarious ?
 

Shnazzy

Invader
Happy birthday Adrian :rocker:

the only member of maiden whos birthday i tend to remember since its the same day my dads birthday :p
 

Perun

Περούν Παντοκράτωρ
Staff member
Nice find!  :ok:

I've got the album, but never saw that video.
 
Top