A Metalhead's Confession

When it comes down to it, I love Metal more than any other kind of music. But...that's not all I listen to. As my signature states, I love The Cure. [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] When it comes down to my favorite band I say Maiden, but they aren't ahead of The Cure by much.

Sure I listen to Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Iced Earth, Judas Priest,etc. But I also love New Order, Depeche Mode, The Clash, Ramones, Joy Division, Morrisey, The Smiths, The Strokes and more.

So I confess, I listen to The Cure. That doesn't make me a die hard metal fan though.

So my fellow metalheads, let the world know of your most "embarrasing" band you love! [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I listen to a fair bit of non-metal stuff like Frank Zappa, The Mothers of Invention, Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, Jethro Tull, Genesis, Rush and lots of other bands, which are all brilliant in my opinion! Genre-wise I'm into metal, prog rock, hardrock, electronic music, freak/psychedelic rock and some classical music.

At a sidenote, this isn't really about metal so moved to General Discussion.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I listen to a fair bit of non-metal stuff like Frank Zappa[/quote]

YEAH!!! go frank zappa.....gotta love his work.

Although I find myself very rarely listnin to it

Didn't Duke make a similar "confession" a while ago? Anyway I think it is fair to say few people, if any, on this board listen to Metal exclusively, so all of you who are worried (for whatever stupid reason) that you will be chastised, tortured and burned for not listening to Metal don't worry you are safe.

you will only be burned if you go against 'Arry [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

um for my greatest confession...recently I have found myself wanting to buy the new rachel stevens single (negotiate with love)

Although dont get me wrong. metal is still my faverouite

And I agree with you their onhell. Burn the unbelievers!!!

You gotta love LOTR sondtrack. Just awesome. Also, of the non-metal part of music I like: Maroon 5 and Kylie Minogue's Chocolate and I believe in you (i just love listening to them) and J-Lo's Get Right ( i have no idea why i like it). This is current pop-music I like. As for more underground non-metal bands : Jethro Tull, Pink FLoyd, Led Zeppelin, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Peter Gabriel, plus some ambient stuff my brother got me into

I listen to Britneyyyy Spears !! Oh, yeah, and to the X-tina Aguilera too !! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] (pls, do NOT believe it. It's bad for your health)

Seriously, it's okay if you listen to something else than metal... actually, you Must and especially if you are a musician.
Now if you like pop music, R&B, it's ok too. I don't see any kind of problem if you like this kind of stuff.

Btw, Led Zappelin, Beatles, Elv1s etc... are not metal bands/musicians, and no wonder if you find out a metalhead listening to them !! (ok... that was me [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) But the most important thing is to love Metal, And IRON M[span style=\'color:red\']A[/span]IDEN !

And for Onhell, dear brother, we do Not burn heretics. We just burry them alive. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

I had a brief period in my life where I made rap/hiphop, around 6-7 years ago. Seriously. Still didn't stray from listening to metal, just had it kinda as a hobby or whatcha might call it

I do listen to Jethro Tull and orchestrated video game music. There is nothing like the orchestrated Legend of Zelda main theme (except Maiden of course [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

[!--QuoteBegin-Battlemaniacs+Apr 21 2005, 11:23 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Battlemaniacs @ Apr 21 2005, 11:23 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] There is nothing like the orchestrated Legend of Zelda main theme
[snapback]102656[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I must admit that 80's nintendo games had great soundtracks and lately i've been hunting down "metal" versions of classics like zelda, mega man and metroid to name a few.... THEY FREAKIN' ROCK!

I'm never "embarassed" of the bands I listen to. It's funny when someone asks me, "What bands do you like?" and I say, "I like Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Slayer, and...............The Cure. I usually get a WTF!?! response, which I find really funny [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The Cure are fantastic. [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Although they aren't metal they have influenced a lot of metal bands like Paradise Lost, etc. and I think you'd find that a lot of their fans also listen to metal.

I really love their Disintegration album - very deep and atmospheric. A couple of nights ago, I fell asleep listening to it in the dark. What an awesome feeling!

Other non-metal bands I listen to include Tangerine Dream, The Bloodhound Gang, Morrissey (oddly, I prefer his solo stuff to The Smiths), Electric Six, Nick Cave, Einsterzende Neubauten, Goblin and The Killers. Not long ago I would have scoffed at the idea of listening to any band whose name began with "The...", but my girlfriend has opened my eyes a bit. She is a kinda cross between a goth and an indie chick and, apart from some of the whiney insipid indie music she likes, she listens to some really interesting stuff.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Apr 22 2005, 07:07 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Apr 22 2005, 07:07 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I must admit that 80's nintendo games had great soundtracks and lately i've been hunting down "metal" versions of classics like zelda, mega man and metroid to name a few.... THEY FREAKIN' ROCK!
[snapback]102673[/snapback]​
[/quote]
If you are interested in metroid and super metroid songs there is always www.metroidmetal.com. The guy did a great job doing those songs in metal.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Apr 22 2005, 07:07 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Apr 22 2005, 07:07 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I must admit that 80's nintendo games had great soundtracks and lately i've been hunting down "metal" versions of classics like zelda, mega man and metroid to name a few.... THEY FREAKIN' ROCK!
[snapback]102673[/snapback]​
[/quote]
try [a href=\'http://www.machinaesupremacy.com/\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.machinaesupremacy.com/[/a] if you don't already know them [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I like some of the nu pop-rocky crap...like Keane. But i admire them for a succesful start to their career without the use of a guitarist....

Back