A Matter of the Beast '07

Run to the Hills instead of 22 or The Prisoner, perhaps...it's going to be more expected.  That said, I would love for them to play Total Eclipse and The Prisoner live.

I wouldn't be suprised if Run To The Hills was on the setlist, but having at least 2 songs from NOTB other than the 'usual 3' will be very nice indeed.

I am glad that Maiden still plays five new songs and I'm sure that the majority of the crowd will like these. If not they'll have to stick to the older stuff. ;-)

Coming back to this plan: 5 songs of "Beast" is pretty interesting still.
I am hoping myself for:

"Children of the Damned" (last time played in 1987, except for 3 London gigs in 2002)
"The Prisoner" (last time played in 1991)
"22 Acacia Avenue"
"The Number of the Beast"
"Hallowed Be Thy Name"

("Total Eclipse" would be really cool, though this chance is veeery small, and besides, unlike nowadays, back in '82 it was a B-side, not an album track).

Somehow I am pretty sure that "Run to the Hills" will be one of the 5 tracks instead of "The Prisoner" or "Children of the Damned".  :-/

Anyway, I am sure it will be a great gig !

My bet is that we'll get to hear the "big three" and probably The Prisoner and Children Of The Damned.

Mind you, that'd make me happy.

Perun said:
My bet is that we'll get to hear the "big three" and probably The Prisoner and Children Of The Damned.

Definitely mate. Never seen those songs myself !  (Apart from "The Prisoner" in 1996 with Skunkworks).

edit:

Further I guess we'll get 5 new tracks (probably the first three plus Breeg and FTGGOG), FOTD, Iron Maiden, Wrathchild and The Trooper.

I wouldn't mind if FOTD and Wrathchild would be left out instead of "Paschendale" or "To Tame A Land" ;-)

Damn, can't wait !  :)

my wish-list :

children of the damned
the prisoner
run to the hills
total eclipse
hallowed be thy name
---
brighter...
the longest day
for the greatest good...
lord of light
the legacy
---
iron maiden
flight of icarus
aces high

it would be nice if they played Total Eclipse but I don't think this is too likely. Children Of The Damned would be great.  :bigsmile: I would prefer 22 Acacia Avenue over The Prisoner. Anyway I'm sure it going to be great  :yey:

Perun said:

It'll be the big 3, then probably Children of the Damned and 22 AA as they were played live not long ago. But i really would love to hear the Prisoner instead  :bigsmile:

This is great news, it will mean that that the setlist will include some songs that weren't played on the last tours.

They're touring all over Europe and they won't be coming to Finland...  :(  I've never been at a Maiden show before (only been a fan for two years and I missed the AMOLAD tour because of a vacation...), I'd love to see this...  Ah well, I guess I'll have to wait 'til 08 for the history part 2 tour.

But as for my wishlist if I could see them:
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Invaders
Total Eclipse
Children of the Damned
The Number of the Beast

A tour without Run to the Hills would be nice for a change.  Hallowed Be Thy Name is their best song ever, they can't leave that out, nor the title track.  I would REALLY want to see Invaders live, it's a great and underrated songs.  Total Eclipse is also a great underplayed song, they played it during Beast on the Road so they could play it now.  And Children of the Damned is there just for the fifth filler.  It or The Prisoner, I don't really mind.

Would it be pendantic to point out that they didn't play Run To The Hills on their last tour?  I take your point though - they could do worse than leave it off the setlist again.  I hope they play 22 Acacia Avenue, that's a brilliant song.

I would kill to see/hear Children of the Damned played live, I really hope they'll play it.
As for what I think they'll play:
Run To The Hills
Number of the Beast
Hallowed be thy name
22 Acacia Avenue
Children of the Damned

If they'd do Total Eclipse instead of 22 Acacia Avenue or Run to the Hills, I'd be the happiest guy in the world.
and, well, the AMOLAD tracks, i guess will be Different World, Brighter than a Thousand Suns, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, For the Greater Good of God and I hope Lord of Light, though I guess Out of the Shadows would be more likely.

Not that it really matters which songs they play, 5 songs from NOTB will be awesome.

Since they are planning on playing five songs from AMOLAD,  I could hope that they would be the ones left out in March.  I'd love to hear the other ones again.  A dream of course  ::)

SneakySneaky said:
Since they are planning on playing five songs from AMOLAD,  I could hope that they would be the ones left out in March.  I'd love to hear the other ones again.  A dream of course  ::)

:blink: :blink: you'll see them again ?? where you intend to do so ?

Duncan said:
Would it be pendantic to point out that they didn't play Run To The Hills on their last tour?  I take your point though - they could do worse than leave it off the setlist again.  I hope they play 22 Acacia Avenue, that's a brilliant song.

I see what you mean, but any idiot who starts to sulk if they don't play it deserves a slap...it's been on nearly every tour since Ed Hunter (two excepted).  Their fault if they missed the Early Days Tour.  Although I would actually prefer Run to the Hills to 22.

They're touring all over Europe and they won't be coming to Finland... 

Not to America either, I know their popularity is much greater in Europe and they enjoy the fans there much more but there are tons here (including myself) that would die to see a tour in this format. Oh well, waiting for next year..............

____no5 said:
:blink: :blink: you'll see them again ?? where you intend to do so ?
Well,  I was supposed to see them in Duisburg,  but the gig's been move to Duesseldorf now.  What I hate about this,  is the fact that it'll be indoors.  Too bloody hot! :mad:

SneakySneaky said:
Well,  I was supposed to see them in Duisburg,  but the gig's been move to Duesseldorf now.  What I hate about this,  is the fact that it'll be indoors.  Too bloody hot! :mad:

you'll make the trip just to see them or you will go to Germany anyway ?

ps : I always wanted to see Maiden abroad, particulary in Earls Court or Finland

Back