No Prayer For the Dying
Powerslave
Prodigal Son
Purgatory
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Evil That Men Do
The Fallen Angel
The Prophecy

You do reckon that, for example, "Stranger In A Strange Land" and "Childhood's End" are titles of books as well (the songs have nothing to do with them though)?

Only two things wrong with that list.

I think Blood on the World's Hands could be in politics as well because i know all the things it mentioned happened in the past, but there still ongoing. It is issues we still have to deal with.

Also can i just ask what would be the history behind Remember Tomorrow. Because it thought it was an expression to live by.

Perun: Yes, I did take that into account.
Atvarussmak: Good point.
The_7th_Son: No. Read the Commentary.

I'd classify "Afraid To Shoot Strangers" under politics because the Gulf War was current news at the time the song was written. Several of those songs could be in 2 categories - for example, "New Fontier" could also be in religion because I suspect Nicko was looking at the cloning issue from a Christian perspective.

But I think your list is pretty good overall, and the categories are appropriate for Maiden's common themes.

I tried to keep it from putting songs into multiple catagories. I would have been up waaaaaay past 3 AM in that case.

You lazy bum. You know time STOPS when it comes to Maiden. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

That list gives a pretty good idea of the main topics that Maiden writes about, but in a pickier sense, Face In the Sand should also probably belong under politics rather than history.

Why dont you just edit the list when people make suggestions about songs (please don't all post at once). Ill help you find the names and programs they might releate to tommorow. well some anyway.

[!--QuoteBegin-tabor+Jun 16 2004, 12:15 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(tabor @ Jun 16 2004, 12:15 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] hey LC you missed one Invasion in history [/quote]
Invaders is under history.

[!--QuoteBegin-tabor+Jun 16 2004, 12:15 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(tabor @ Jun 16 2004, 12:15 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] And Sanctuary politics ?? [/quote]
Not even close.

Invasion is a song that was recorded on the original soundhouse tapes and was the b'side for women in Uniform.

2. Invasion

[Harris]

The Vikings are coming
You'd better get ready for we're having a fight
The longboats are coming
It's looking like their ? in the dead of the night

Muster the men from all the villages
You'd better get ready to fight with your enemies

Beacons are burning
I'm giving the word to get ready to fight
The battle is nearing
You'd better get ready to fight for your lives

The Norsemen are coming
The Norsemen are coming
The warnings are given
The Norsemen are coming

Raping and pillaging
Robbing and looting the land

Viking raiders from afar

Lc granted on Sanctuary re-read the lyrics..

But holy smoke as politics.. hmm i think its a more of a slander of some preachers, if this is the case then it would fall under Religion/Mythology, that i my thought..

I've got the lyrics to Sanctuary memorized. I think it's a story, not a call to attention of politics.

Holy Smoke is a political song. TV preachers are not real practitioners of any faith, save the extremely misguided Evangelitical movement. They are politicians. They use words to get money. They dupe uneducated people into believing they can buy salvation. I assure you, that "ain't" in the Bible.

I only put on the album songs, plus Virus. I didn't feel like looking through the other stuff.

Granted once again LC..

anyway good list come up with something else iwanna rip it to shreds..

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jun 16 2004, 02:25 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jun 16 2004, 02:25 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] They dupe uneducated people into believing they can buy salvation [/quote]
They also dupe educated people. Members of Heaven's Gate included lawyers and doctors. Cults (and tv preachers lol) attract people from ALL walks of life.

Back