500 Greatest Albums of All Time

A

Anonymous

[a href=\'http://www.rollingstone.com/features/coverstory/featuregen.asp?pid=2164\' target=\'_blank\']500 Greatest Albums[/a]

Well if Rolling Stone didn't already prove it was run by retards and idiots we get more proof in this list.

While not as bad as the Guitarists list this is still a damn joke. They were diverse in there picks but they forgot that their was a genre called Metal. Masters of Reality, Master of Puppets and The Black Album were all I can remember seeing on there.

No Maiden (I expected to see NOTB at least)
No Priest (Come on Painkiller, DotF, Screaming for Vengance, British Steel)
No Queensryche (Mindcrime deserves to be in the Top 100)
No Dream Theater (Not like I really expected them to be on their anyway)

Yeah thier list is complete sh*t and so are they. Its all personal opinion, nothing more. I also thought at least NOTB would at leastget a nod at 500 or 499 or some crap number. Is there any metal albums in the list at all?

Here in the US Maiden go virtually ignored. Always have and always will. I dont get it myself but, whatever. We get it! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

There are two more Sabbath albums in there - the first album and Paranoid. But I agree the list is f*cked up ... even if I do own well over 100 of those albums myself.

This is all sh*t, I hate them.
If anyone knows nothing about music and read this he will be cheated. This is commercial oriented.

I hate them (as I do with metallica)

I hate rolling stone but i love their covers of scantly clad pop sluts! as for the list, yeah pop is crap, the list is crap. pretty simple, ey. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I note concerning a similar situation. VH1 had a special on the top 100 hard rock bands and maiden was #21!!! Nirvana was #5!!! a band that had one ground-breaking album and later faded into oblivion and disbanded after their depressive junky frontman killed himself. and Maiden has been producing great music for more than 20 years! it's outrageous. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Shadow+Nov 27 2003, 09:41 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Shadow @ Nov 27 2003, 09:41 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] BTW who won? [/quote]
The Beatles, of course.

#1 - Sgt. Pepper
#3 - Revolver
#5 - Rubber Soul
#10 - The White Album
#14 - Abbey Road

I wouldn't rank Rubber Soul quite so high myself, but I agree it's at least in the top 25.

Back