19 years ago today

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
It was announced that Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith had re-joined Iron Maiden. Few would have imagined back then that the band would be as big as they are in 2018. :eek: :eek:

I have enjoyed these years immensely, from the new albums and subsequent tours to the history tours based on different periods of the band's history. I have been lucky enough to attend some amazing live shows following the reunion (29 and counting) and I rate the new albums they have recorded quite highly (AMOLAD and TBOS in particular). I cannot wait to see them again in August at some gigs in the UK.

For these reasons, I would like to say "thank you Iron Maiden"! The end might be near, but you have made many people really happy. I am one of them. I will raise a Trooper to your legacy this evening. Up the Irons!

:notworthy::fencing::cheers: :edmetal:

I'm still sad about Blaze.

But the reunion era has been awesome. I'll up the Irons to them! :)

19 years already :eek: The "reunion" was a magic time. I still have the FC letter announcing the return of Bruce and Adrian...then hearing The Wickerman single for the first time, then seeing Maiden live for the first time on the Metal 2000 tour. Good times :edmetal:

Ah my 1st time wasnt until DOD tour 2003... Jealous!!

I remember it well, it was the very early days of the internet so for most people you still got news the old school way. I was on my way to college one morning saw the new Kerrang (i presume it was kerrang as that was a weekly) on the shelf in a newsagent with the announcement on the cover. Completely unexpected and great news.

Never thought the reunion would last 19 years and counting. Went to the first european gig with the new line up in Paris, still probably the best Maiden gig I've been too, definitely the best set list.

The reunion was actually when I discovered Maiden - right when Brave New World came out. The band just seemed on fire and immediately hooked me. Seeing them on the Give 'Em Ed tour a couple years later was absolutely stellar. Cheers to this lineup and it's continued excellence!

This was before I got into Maiden - but as much as I like Blaze, he did his job. He let Steve and Bruce mellow out and realize they are best together, they made some great music, and Blaze went off to make more great music, as did Maiden.

Even if I have listened to maiden since the mid 80s, the reunion tour 99 was the first time I saw them live. It was freaking awesome.

It was the best news I heard and then I finally saw them live in concert. I had also listened to Maiden since mid-80's but unfornately never seen them live before.
It was great show that I witnessed in 1999 and it was only the start of the ride really.

By the way, is there any comprehensive Maiden-site that would have the whole timeline of important dates?
Release-dates for albums and singles, tours first dates, or just about any other important date.
If anybody knows such site, please let me know. I would like to have proper site other than wikipedia.

By the way, is there any comprehensive Maiden-site that would have the whole timeline of important dates?
Release-dates for albums and singles, tours first dates, or just about any other important date.
If anybody knows such site, please let me know. I would like to have proper site other than wikipedia.
It hasn't been updated in over seven years, but the Iron Maiden Commentary pretty much has all that stuff through 2010.

The best Maiden site on the web. Unfortunately dead now...but still...

http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/

Thanks for the replies, I've used http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com when it was alive, but was hoping to find some newer and updated page.
Would it be impossible to add some little info-screen these forum-pages, that would show stuff like "On this day Iron Maiden released single blah blah"
and if it did have some more happenings on the same date it would list them all?

Yeah, The Iron Maiden Commentary website is fantastic, even though it has not been updated since 2010.

On topic, I guess that no one could have ever foreseen in 1999 that almost 20 years on, they would be still as big, if not bigger, that in the 80s.

Back